The old is found, the new is lost!

Discussion in 'Pets' started by dooley, Dec 26, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

In about September, dr bought Chance a squeaky toy. She took it outside and we couldn't find it. I looked everywhere. Yesterday, it was nice out and I was playing with Chance and when I decided to come in I saw something blue out of the corner of my eye. So I looked and it was the hat on the squeaky toy. It's like a ball with feet and a hat and eyes and nose. Anyway, she had buried it by the fence. I brought it in and washed it. When I wrapped her Christmas presents I discovered we had bought the exact same one for her. So, this morning dr took the ribbon off and let her open it. You guessed it, she picked it up and headed outside. She wasn't gone long and came back without it. I spent an hour today trying to find it. When I tell her to find the squeaky she goes back to where the old one was buried. It's not there. I raked over every bit of bare ground that I could find and I didn't find it. I guess she thinks they need to be aged because we played most of the evening yesterday with the old one. If it's still nice tomorrow I may rake the yard. It needs it anyway. Maybe I will find it, but probably not until it is well aged. Dooley

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. marlingardener
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Logan
      Replies:
      Views:

3. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Doggies are funny people, aren't they?

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

We're still looking for a nylon bone my daughters dog had - almost two years ago now. :-? I thought we'd dug over almost 100% of the garden since it was lost but obviously not. :rolleyes:

5. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

Dogs do seem to like their toys well aged

Advertisement
  6. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Fred has outside toys and inside toys. If he takes it out he can't bring it back in. Wannabe

7. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Charity found a pork chop bone somehow in the yard. She likes to bury her bones. One of my brothers dogs, Crystal, would find it and bury it in a new place. Then when Charity went to get it, of course, it wasn't there. She would search until she found Crystal's hiding place, steal it and rebury it. Then Crystal would do the same. This went on for months. I don't know what finally happened to the bone, I am guessing a stray came through and found it, or it just broke down to nothing from all the burying and packing around. She also likes to bury her milkbones until they are aged, then eat them, and she has a stash of no telling what under my bed. She panicks when she sees me on my hands and knees looking under the bed. She gets the "I'm busted look."