The People vs Winter.

Discussion in 'Jokes and Games' started by Philip Nulty, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

OUCH!!! I can feel the bruises from here. :setf_017: I can just about handle snow but ice - no way!! :smt100
    Just what was that chap doing out in trunks and trying to dive in the pool? Dumb!! :rolleyes:
    Those cars and buses were lucky there weren't any other vehicles coming when they slid all over the roads.
    I think I'll get ready to hibernate now Philip and miss out on all the 'fun.'

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

This is going to sound strange but I got nostalgic watching all of those people slipping on the ice! It takes me back to my school days when we used to get icy days like these every year and so much fun was had at break time :)

5. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

You just had to remind us, didn't you??
    The clips were kind of funny, in a sadistic way...
    Wonder how many people were hurt during the making of this film? :D

Advertisement
  6. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

And that, folks, is why I'm in Texas! The only ice we see is in our tea. :)

7. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Philip, I am not ready for anything like this...EVER! A couple of them made me laugh, but the majority looked expensive and painful.

I am tempted to be on my way, Jane... I am so not ready for the cold..... again.

8. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Carolyn, you'd be welcome any time! However, I must warn you--I'd be picking your brain for advice on growing just about everything. You might get tired of being my "guest mentor!"

9. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

I guess with a warmer winter comes more freezing rain and ice. A slippery thought. :-( Hurry up March and April. It's cold enough already. We have leap years and leap seconds, how about a leap season. Spring starts in a week. :)

Jerry

10. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Jane. I am thinking of packing my bags as we speak...well, probably I shouldn't make this decision without consulting with my DH, huh? But please.....I would be happy to garden right along side of you anytime.

11. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

I remember those days Philip. I'm with Jane, no more ice, snow or cold. And Carolyn pick me up on your way by. Can't take the cold anymore. Texas sounds good to me.

12. jbest123

jbest123 In Flower

Southern winters sound good about now but I can't take humidity. My brain and body come to a screeching stop. I move about as fast as the gnomes in the garden.

13. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Folks,..lol at all your comments,..i have to admit i did laugh at most of the accidental slipping,..its just how a person walking smartly along suddenly becomes all arms and legs flying in all directions,..i can relate to this as i slipped on ice last year,..my feet came in line with my eyes before my brain worked out what was happening and before i landed on my rump,..a woman across the road asked was i ok,..and my brain still not working replied,..oh fine but i think i spilled my curry sauce,..i was coming from the Chinese Take Away.

14. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Philip, I am glad you weren't hurt...too much. How wasteful to spill your curry sauce when you took a spill...what were you thinking? you just need to practice, I guess.

Donna, I will call when I am on my way...

15. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Carolyn,..i still remember the expression on that woman's face,..how was she to know what i had in the brown paper bag,..nope wasn't hurt,..except bruising where i landed on the big bunch of keys in my back pocket lol,..despite this i did enjoy my King Prawns,..Bamboo Shoots,..Water Chestnuts,..and Fried Rice with what was left of the Curry Sauce lol.

16. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Okay, there is a mass meeting of Snowbirds at Red Gate Farm, starting as soon as you can get here. I've got jobs lined up for everybody, none of which involve heavy machinery.
    Today has a high of 72 predicted, my wash is on the line, ham and bean soup on the stove, and tonight it will get down to about 58, as it did last night. So nice to have the windows open, a good breeze, and listen to the coyotes yodel.
    For those who do not enjoy coyote yodeling, earplugs will be provided.
    Just give me your ETA . . . .

Philip Nulty and carolyn like this.