The weatherman was right!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Tooty2shoes, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

This morning we were listening to the weather about the big storm system moving it's way up from the south yesterday and today. We have been getting A LOT of rain.
    But this morning they also said that bad 4 letter word. They said it would probably stay west of us. Well around 2:00 p.m. this rolled in and has been falling ever since. :eek:

[​IMG]
    Nov. 9th 2011 ( photo / image / picture from Tooty2shoes's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Nov. 9th snow storm. 2011 ( photo / image / picture from Tooty2shoes's Garden )

I just can't believe my eyes. I am so glad that all of our trees lost their leaves as this stuff is wet and sticking really good. Those wooly bear caterpillars knew this was coming. :(

Frank and toni like this.
  2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

May I be the first and probably the ONLY one to say ..... That is BEAUTIFUL!!

4. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Ohhhh!! I would find a sunnier weatherman:). The wooly bears are right on this year...except I ran over mine:-( I had to fly to Hawaii to escape their wrath. Five days without power and 6 inches of snow!! Now it looks like the white stuff may come this way again. Hello? Travel agent?

Jerry

carolyn and Tooty2shoes like this.
  5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Thank heaven I'm in Texas, thank heaven I'm in Texas, thank heaven, well you get the idea.
    When we lived up north my snow shovel was my friend. Here my buddy is my trowel. I admire those who can brave the cold and snow. I personally am a craven coward.

Advertisement
  6. kathyd

kathyd In Flower

The picture is pretty, but the aftermath, the shoveling, driving,etc...that you can keep.

7. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

Last night our weatherman said possible snow shoers. The weatherman this morning said it wouldn't reach us (same tv station. Tonight the evening guy again said chance of snow showers. Who in the H____ are you supposed to beleive? This is the same guy that uses the words severe weather in almost every weather report.

8. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I'm glad I'm in Texas, too. Our daughter-in-law said they had an inch of snow on Sunday. They live about 15 or 20 minutes from where we moved from to here. I'm glad I'm in Texas and not where it snows.
    dooley

marlingardener likes this.
  9. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Those are some pretty photos. But after 20 years in the mountains of New Mexico, I have had enough of dealing with snow. It sure can be pretty... IF you don't have to go out in it.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  10. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Toni I guess living in Texas one could say beautiful to look at, but not to drive in or shovel on this end. I can hear you snickering under your breath. ;)

Jerry I would fly to Hawaii too. Snow and no power would be a great reason to hibernate their all winter. Sounds like a movie in the making: The Revenge of the Wooly Bears. :eek:

Marlingardener & Dooley dealing with the snow gets a little more challenging every year we get older. They say when life gives you lemons make lemon aid. But snow is a real challenge to turn into a delicious drink. Snow cones, slush, Burrrrr!

Capt. ya I know what you mean about what those weather guys say or don't say. One guy we listen to always says partly cloudy. Why not partly sunny. Keeping it on a more positive note.
    But reporting snow this time of year sounds way to much like a bad dream. :eek: By morning we are suppose to have about 2".
    Then by Sat. the temps are suppose to be up to 50. Go figure. :-?

11. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

That is so true.

12. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Oh fooey! I don't want snow yet, thank you very much, even though I've got nice, warm clothes, wool underwear, snow blower, boiler suit, thick gloves and even thicker boots, a 4WD car with metal stud tyres plus I'm used to the snow. The winter before last gave us enough snow to last me five years at least. :D

I have to admit that a little snow brightens the darkness in December and January, and frost without snow will kill my plants but I'd rather stay without until mid-December. I hope this year my pleas will be heard. :D

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  13. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Just so y'all don't think we Texans don't suffer a bit, here is a photo of our front yard last February:

[​IMG]
    Snow, February 2011 ( photo / image / picture from marlingardener's Garden )
    When we got up and I saw this, I forgot I was a lady and said a few choice words. Fortunately, this is not a common happening. If it were, I'd be in the Bahamas!

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  14. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

I think all the wind from your storm hit us yesterday with 50mph winds. Needless to say, the trees are pretty much naked now. :( not much left to look at but plenty of work to now go pick up. I picked all the leaves up yesterday morning before the winds hit and today you would never know it.

[​IMG]
    the one lonely leafy tree ( photo / image / picture from carolyn keiper's Garden )

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from carolyn keiper's Garden )

these were on the tree yesterday

[​IMG]
    the bare woods 11/10/11 ( photo / image / picture from carolyn keiper's Garden )

nothing left to fall.

Now snow/snain is fore casted for tomorrow.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  15. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

My uncle just posted on facebook that its snowing in Carmel where he is right now (Carmel is about a 15 min drive from my place)...yuck yuck and quadruple yuck!

16. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Yup we had strong winds 2 days before the snow hit and all of our trees are bare also. I was going to get out the lawn mower this week and mulch all those fallen leaves. Now I have to wait for the snow to thaw. :( Saturday is suppose to get up to 50 degrees. I won't hold my breath. ;)