These children are so resilient!!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Ronni, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Three of my 10 grandchildren. They lost their mother suddenly last year (23 December 2017) Her birthday was 17th December. They lost their stepfather, who they adored, the year before. They've had a very rough go of it. They're currently living with their other Grandma (who is also a dear friend of mine.) This past couple of weeks have been particularly difficult as they approached their mother's birthday, then the anniversary of her death, while also still struggling with the loss of their stepfather. These babies have been through so much and yet they're managing to prevail in spite of the loss and grief. I love them deeply, and I admire their strength and resiliency tremendously.

IMG_9019.JPG

Netty and Gail-Steman like this.
  2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I'm so glad your granddaughters have so much love surrounding them to get them through such difficult times Ronni. It's never easy losing parents, especially around Christmas, but with such a loving family it helps them to cope. The girls are together and will give each other support too. Thank goodness they didn't get split up. The photograph of them is lovely and I'm sure all three will grow up to be well adjusted adults thanks to you and the rest of their family.

Gail-Steman and Ronni like this.
  4. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

@Ronni so sorry to hear of their loss :( but with your love and the family as you all carry a strong bond...will help them cope at these sad times and losing parents is never an easy battle but with your loving heart alone and Ron's you'll keep them strong :)

Ronni likes this.
  5. mart

mart Strong Ash

Ditto what was already said !! They are lovely children !

Ronni and Gail-Steman like this.
  6. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Beautiful granddaughters and I hope for the best for them. Loosing a parent and step father can make an impact on them. I am happy they got to stay together...:heart::heart::heart: