They are back!

Discussion in 'Wildlife in the Garden' started by muddybob, Feb 6, 2007.

1. muddybob

muddybob In Flower

Today I was shoeing in a barn where I get to be alone. Owner leaves check on board and it's just me and the horses. I love that. So, I was already having a terrific day when I heard them. "What?" you ask. The Canada geese of course! I ran out to see two flocks over head. I could hear their feathers ruffling too. I don't know about you but when our birds come north again I get so excited. Can it be long now until spring? The funny thing is this was the same barn I was at when I noticed them going south. I wonder if it could be the same bird

muddy

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I don't know which geese fly over us but it is pretty cool to hear and see them overhead.
    We are either very seldom in their flight path or I missed them this year. Some years I have heard them coming and going.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I haven't seen any signs of 'our' geese coming north yet but they shouldn't be long now!!! I love to watch skeins of them flying over sounding like a crowds of people laughing and talking all at once.

5. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

We saw a couple flocks of them Saturday and thought they were crazy. The snow was blowing so hard you could hardly see - why were they returning to this weather?

Advertisement
  6. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I haven't seen any go over here yet
    .I do love to see them in flight.

7. bethie

bethie Young Pine

There is nothing better than to hear the geese and look up in the sky and see them. Here it is usually snow geese but we have seen swans a few times. 8)