This is what's been going on around my house this summer...

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by tschnath, Aug 6, 2008.

1. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

Hey y'all,

I've missed y'all terrible. It's been a very busy summer so far and for some of the weeks my in-laws were here, their room is my office so I was staying off the computer to give them some privacy.

But, I'm back and I don't think there's any way I'll ever get caught up. I've missed so much but it's good to be back.

So many newbies...I'll say hi and welcome, right now to anyone I've missed.

Here's a taste of what's been blooming at my house and the rest I'll be putting up on my blog over the next day or so.

Daisies
    [​IMG]

Astilbe
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hollyhocks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These were a self seeded bunch and they are gorgeous
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lillies
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Black eyed susans
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't know what this one is but it get's really pretty purple flowers on it.
    [​IMG]

Phlox (and I have some others coming, pink I think)
    [​IMG]

Thistle (this is my big weed, but it's pretty and there's a bee on it so I had to post)
    [​IMG]

We've been getting crazy weather all summer. Sun and rain all in the same day most of the time. The rains been good for the garden but the weeds are growing faster than I can keep up with them. I hope this one looks ok on here, but this is one of the rain storms. The water runs off the corner of my house and it looks kind of cool.
    [​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

Those daisies look so fresh and the lilies - WOW! Everything looks green and healthy. Glad you're back, tschnath. Send some of your rain, please.
    Gardengater

4. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Your flowers are gorgeous. :stew1: I'm glad someone has received rain! And I know you enjoyed your in-laws, but it's always nice (at least it was for me) to be able to get things back in order. :rolleyes:
    Glad you are back... I thought we had lost you some where! :D

5. petunia

petunia Young Pine

welcome back terry. Your flowers are gorgeous. I like the red lillies. We haven't been able to keep up with the weeds either. Even though we tilled before we put the garden in, we still have weeds. Your 4th plant up from the bottom looks like peppermint but I could be wrong. Maybe someone will be along shortly to let you know for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Advertisement
  6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi, good to see you here again. In-laws huh? Nope neither my in-laws nor my hubby's in-law could stay with us that long, nope no way. :eek:

Your plants are beautiful. But that last picture is the mostest beautiful one of all.....rain, what a glorious sight. The only thing better is if that was running off my roof. :rolleyes:

7. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

WOWEE! Now that's what I call a gulley washer!! :eek:
    Deanna
    :-D

8. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Terry I was beginning to think we'd lost you!!!! :( I'm soooo glad you're back home with us again and showing us your piccies. :D

I'm in love with your deep, dark red hollyhock - what a beautiful thing it is.

We've had lots of rain here in Scotland too and I know exactly what you mean about the weeds taking over. It's lovely though to gaze out of your window after rain and see all the bright colours of your flowering plants and know that it's all due to your own hard work (and Mother Nature) isn't it? :stew1:

9. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

Hi Terry, glad to see you back! I get my in-laws for a week each summer. But then i get along with them, so its a great time for all us.

I really love that deep red hollyhock. The thistles are in bloom here too now. Actually all the flowers look great! Dang that is some rain, we don't get rain like that unless its a hurricane. Mostly just lite rain here. Could sure use some of that now, hasn't rained in 3 weeks here.

10. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Welcome back! It's great to see you again...and don't your flowers look great!
    The daisys, hollyhocks and black-eyes susans are looking especially good, aren't they?
    Now you're back... more pics please. :D

11. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Welcome back Terry, we have missed you!!
    Your flowers look fantastic!
    We have had record breaking amounts of rainfall here in Ontario this year. (That's just my luck-I concentrated on drought tolerant plants this year!)
    I can't keep up with the weeds either.

12. Peppersage

Peppersage In Flower

Those are some really pretty flowers, i bet the Holly Hocks smell great.

jeffrey