This is Wizard

Discussion in 'Pets' started by toni, Nov 16, 2015.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

About a month ago a friend asked if we could foster his cat for a couple of months this winter while he had a friend visiting who is allergic to cats. We of course said yes. Wizard come to us last Thursday.

Wizard.JPG

Doug took him to the vet to be 'fixed', caught up on shots and a general health check. The first 2 days he stayed in hiding under the rocking chair in my craft room, recovering from the stay with the vet. But has slowly been coming out more and more, wandering the house and this morning he was in my lap pushing his head under my hands to be petted.

Before he left after bringing Wizard over, Doug made the comment that if we all bonded and wanted to keep him, that would be fine with him. He liked him but really did not have the time to pay much attention to him. So it looks like we have a new cat.

2. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Oh, I am so happy for you, and for Wizard! He is gorgeous (all cats are to some extent) and if he's asking to be petted, he had decided that you are an acceptable servant.

102christa likes this.
  3. zuzu's petals

zuzu's petals Silly Old Bat Plants Contributor

[​IMG] Yep, consider yourself approved. ;)

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I'm so pleased for you Toni. :sete_013::setc_005::setf_016:

Advertisement
  5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I love his name. Looks like you have a new master. I pray he is kind to you and Randy :D Looking forward to hearing about his adventures!

marlingardener likes this.
  6. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Beautiful cat, I am glad things worked out for you. I get too attached to animals and if I would of had to give him back I would of been devastated...

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  7. toni

Oh Wizard has settled in quickly and taken full control too. He is the least aloof cat I have ever seen. He misses us when we are gone and begs to be picked up when we get home. If we walk by him and don't pet him, his paw comes out to try to grab us and he will also let us know that he is awake and expecting to receive attention from his adoring subjects if we don't acknowledge his presence in the room when we enter. He doesn't sleep in our room yet, we have a fan in the window during winter nights and all he wants to do it sit on the sill and sing the song of his people to see if there are others in the area. Maybe this summer when the window is closed and the AC is on we can let him sleep with us.

8. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Wizard has certainly cast his spell on you and I just know you're going to have many happy years and fun filled years together.:)

9. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Wizard is a very handsome cat, and obviously knows a good thing when he sees it. :D Congratulations on your new family member.

10. cuatro-gatos

cuatro-gatos In Flower

A warm fluff ball to cuddle up to - nothing wrong with that.
    Wizard is a handsome one.

11. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Toni he is beautiful. He looks like a Russian Blue. Wizard reminds me of a cat that was brought to the Dog Pound I ran in a small town in the 1980's. I named him Smokey, because of his coloring. He was so friendly, and always wanted to be wherever I was. He would even come an sit in my lap if I was in a cage with a friendly dog who liked cats. I once had a litter of puppies born at the kennel. I was in their cage sitting among them getting some puppy love. When there came smokey. He climb up and over the chain link door, and plopped himself down on my lap among the puppies. They jumped all over him and me. But he just laid there purring to his hearts content. I should have taken him home. Several weeks after he was there he contracted feline leukemia. There was nothing I could do for him. I was so heart broken at his passing.

12. toni

Yep, he is part Russian Blue, he doesn't have the intense green eyes or the tall ears but his color, the fact that he looks like he has been outlined in silver and his tail is banded told our youngest daughter that the first time she saw him. I had never heard of one before.
    Wizard does have FIV so his life could be shortened by that but we should have him for many, many years.