This Morning Battle with Chicken Claws

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by KK Ng, Jan 20, 2022.

1. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Spend this whole morning ... well almost :) having a battle with the chicken claws.

[​IMG]
    Prep claws ready for the battle.

[​IMG]
    After an hour fifteen minutes of fierce battle, it's VICTORY!!! :D All 50 of the claws are now boneless.

[​IMG]
    The sight of the battlefield is really unsightly with bones all over.

[​IMG]
    The reward - Boneless Chicken Feet Salad :) :D :) YUM!!!

Droopy, Jerry Sullivan and Sjoerd like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Donna S
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

That was quite some work, KK.
    But, doesn’t that salad look nice in the end.
    Congrats on your result.

4. mart

mart Strong Ash

How do you season them KK ?

Sjoerd likes this.
  5. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

O.K. Chicken feet salad,,,, a first for me. A commodity we do not find on the aisle of chickens. Then again I have never looked for chicken feet. I purchase our chickens minus the feet. Hmmmm... I wonder if the butchers keep the feet for themselves. :( Then we can not make that delicious chicken feet salad. As I went shopping today, it will be another week before I can check on chicken feet. The question will haunt me for the rest of the week.

Jerry

Cayuga Morning likes this.

Advertisement
  6. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Thank you Sjoerd, yes indeed it was quite some work. We have decided that in future we will do it with every 2 lots of chicken we buy. Each time we get 4 chicken so 8 pairs is not too bad :)
    Yes the salad is one of my favourite with curry or chili stuff. It is really good! :D

Mart it is really easy, just some sugar, salt and a little lime juice ... lime and not lemon. The quantity is base on your taste. :)

Jerry this salad can be made without the boneless chicken feet. The chicken feet add crunch to it taking the salad to a whole new level. It is just yellow onions, cucumber and pineapple. Add in cut chili if you like and season with sugar, salt and lime juice to taste.
    Good luck in getting chicken feet :)

Droopy and Sjoerd like this.
  7. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Chicken feet tends to be an underappreciated delicacy this side of the pond.

We once went to dim sum with a group of friends. The waitresses were wheeling the carts around with all kinds of interesting & unknown foods on them. We pointed to an interesting dish & were served it. One friend mumbled ("chicken feet!!") but too softly for us to hear. When we picked up the delicacy, untangling it from all its mates, it was obvious what it was. Undaunted, we tried it but it seemed like a lot of work for very little food.

Despite, the story above, KK I'm sure your salad is delicious.

Sjoerd likes this.
  8. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Thank you Cayuga Morning. Yes it is a lot of work very little food. We used to do that - the dim sum type - with the chicken feet that we had. It was just too time consuming and just decided to debone them for salad and some other stir fry stuff :)

Those that are served in dim sum is called Phoenix Claws which is a delicacy :D

Cayuga Morning likes this.