This really happened!

Discussion in 'Jokes and Games' started by Capt Kirk, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

Every morning after I exercise, I stop at a convenience store for a cup of coffee. I usually stand around and gab with the owner or his son or the manager. This morning one of the guys that I exercise with came in to buy a gal. of milk. As he was checking out, he told the owner, "Don't let me buy any more of that wine that you sold me yesterday." So after he left I had to ask what was going on? Last week he came into the store and wanted to know if they carried any wine that wasn't bitter tasting. They recommended one and he purchased it. Then yesterday he came in and picked up a bottle and said " I think I will try this wine today." Well the owner didn't think too much of it. This morning he said that he had poured himself a big water glass of it and swallowed it down in one long drink. He said he got dizzy and could hardly stand up and almost barfed. What kind of wine was this? The label said Tequilla! :sete_003:

2. Loading...

3. Hank

Hank Seedling

I know I would have! [​IMG]

Tequilla is one of those things that is best enjoyed in moderation by someone else.

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Uh-oh hahaha :smt078 Yep that would do it alright!

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Even more glad now that I'm completely T. total!!!! :D Isn't Tequilla that drink with the little worm in the bottom of the bottle? EEEUUUWWWWW neither wonder he almost barfed. :smt078

Advertisement
  6. Hank

Hank Seedling

Mezcal is the drink with the worm - "con gusano". Mezcal is similar to tequilla, but true tequilla is region-specific, the same way cognac is with regard to brandy. If you find tequilla with a worm in it, it's low quality Mezcal posing as tequilla. Choose a different drink.

7. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Ahh right - thanks for setting me straight Hank - shows that I don't drink alcohol doesn't it? :D

8. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

Yeah, we have a bottle of Mezcal that my sister brought us from Mexico when she was on her cruise. Its still sitting there , unopen, after 8 months! HAHA! Im not drinking it! And yes theres a little white fat worm at the bottom.

9. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

If Mezcal is the one made from a cactus plant or agave, it's because the plant almost always has those worms. DR likes tequila but seldom drinks anymore. A lot of people do not like tequila. Dooley

10. Hank

Hank Seedling

Both Mezcal and Tequilla are made from agave.

Mezcal is made from any variety of agave, while Tequilla is made from "blue" agave. There is a Tequilla Distillers Organization that monitors all of this stuff. Mexcal is bottled "con gusano" to add to the flavor, & I assume it is to cover the flavor of the low quality agave.