Tiffany Blue and Chocolate Room

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by deuceshoes, Oct 29, 2010.

1. deuceshoes

deuceshoes New Seed

My master bedroom I have recently painted 3 walls a tiffany blue color and the focal wall a chocolate color. I really love the color combination, but I am having trouble finding art to go above the bed as well as how to decorate the room. I have purchased chocolate curtains and i have a perfect bedding set to match. Please help.

2. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi DeuceShoes, any chance of a photo? What are some of your interests / favourite art styles? Some more info will aid us further.

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Considering your colors, I think white would be a good contrast. Instead of paintings/prints over the bed, how about a grouping of plates? You could choose several antique plates with a white background and colorful designs, or get new ones. It would be particularly striking if they were all of about the same size, but different shapes (round, square, octagon or hexagon).
    In decorating the room, consider peach as a contrast. A few throw pillows, perhaps a slipcover for a chair, whatever you want.

4. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Marlingardener, you and I are on the same thought process here!! I LOVE ANTIQUE PLATES!!! I have them displayed all over my house! DeuceShoes will have fun hunting for old plates or platters that coordinate :-D