tomatoes are not producing fruit at all, leaves curling up

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by daisybeans, Jul 18, 2010.

1. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Well. I have had a very disappointing tomato year. I have two grape toms that are producing a moderate amount. I also have 4 heirloom varieties that I grew last year successfully -- two Brandywine and two of another sort that I can't recall at the moment. They've grown to be 5 - 6 feet tall but that haven't produced one single tomato. A fair number of flowers that shrivel off the plant. The leaves look bad, and the whole plants look spindly and unhealthy. They develop a bluish cast, then yellow, then brown. This starts at the lower leaves. I thought I was underwatering because it's been so dry. Then thought I was overwatering so I cut back drastically. Have fed, not fed, shaken to encourage pollination... What is happening? Squashes in the same area are doing OK though not a huge yield, also cucumbers. Broccoli, cauli, and brussels sprouts all growing nice leaves but no veggies. It got very very hot early and unexpectedly this summer. We've had nice rain the past 2 weeks.

Here are some pics of the tomato leaves. These photos are from a week ago. More leaves have turned brown on the bottom. The top leaves are fresh, though spindly, with flowers, but no fruit at all, still.

Any ideas? I am about to pull them all out.

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from daisybeans's Garden )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. mart

mart Strong Ash

My tomato leaves did that same curling up but they still produced fruit. That could be moisture related but the rest of your plant looks like late blight hit it !!