Too Mulch Fun!

Discussion in 'Garden Design' started by CrisGzr, Aug 1, 2012.

1. CrisGzr

CrisGzr In Flower

A new park near us has a mulch path and it is so nice! The dogs love it! After the hot pavement they perk right up on the thick mulch. I also like walking on it. I decided to make one of my own.

[​IMG]
    A mulch path begins ( photo / image / picture from CrisGzr's Garden )

This may be me avoiding the next project, which is fiercely guarded by -you guessed it! -yellow jackets! sigh LOL

[​IMG]
    another view of path splitting into two directions ( photo / image / picture from CrisGzr's Garden )

I also had a free scoop of dark mulch the landscaper shared, it was leftover from a job. I thought it would look nice under the mountain laurel. Last fall, I trimmed off the dead branches and reshaped it to give it a boost. It was a lot healthier this spring.

[​IMG]
    dark mulch contrast ( photo / image / picture from CrisGzr's Garden )

I was so sore from bending over pulling weeds for two days, I thought loading, hauling and spreading a dozen or so wheel barrels of mulch might be easier. Now I am all over 110% sore LOL

Jewell likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Love the pathways. And I hear ya on the mulch. I've slowly been adding some in my garden. I was thinking of just having them fill up the back of the truck... but since I'm not ready to spread it all at the moment... I figured that would be twice the work. Shovel it onto the ground somewhere... then shovel it in the wheel barrow and then spread it. So... I think I'll just have some delivered.

CrisGzr likes this.
  4. CrisGzr

CrisGzr In Flower

I had a dump truck full delivered -wow! I never knew there was so much! The guy who built this house had a trucking business, so there is a parking space near the road where he kept his truck. I just have it delivered there. It was a really big pile of work!

5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I'd love to take a stroll on your mulch path, it looks very inviting. :D

CrisGzr likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    I love, love mulch paths. They are so wonderful, make weeding easier and help keep the dog paths much nicer. As I convert lawn areas to beds my yard is becoming a mulched maze. :D

CrisGzr likes this.
  7. CrisGzr

CrisGzr In Flower

Thank you Droopy, anytime!

Jewell share pictures!

My plumber called it a snake safe path... I stupidly said I suppose snakes would enjoy resting on soft mulch and he gave me the oddest look. Apparently, it is so you can walk safely without fear of stepping on a rattlesnake... sigh! We've only had one timber rattler and it was very pretty. We later spread SnakeGoAway pellets around the dog's yard, so it wouldn't visit again.

My dogs love walking on it, if I stop to look at something, my big girl plops down and sticks her nose into the mulch and breathes.