Tractor troubles

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by crazy1, Apr 25, 2008.

1. crazy1

crazy1 Seedling

I know many members here aren't in the states.
    But for those that are, I bought a tractor from Tractor Supply Company a couple of months back. Now with only 84 hours on the engine it has blown the main seal between the hydraulic pump and the engine. So it's blowing oil out of the crankcase breather. Now TSC isn't going to refund my money even though this is the 4th tractor I have found out about having the same problem. Folks DON"T buy a off brand tractor if you need one. Put out the big money it costs for a quality name brand tractor. Trust me on this one.
    We're having a John Deere dropped off here this morning (a big thanx to all my friends at our local dealer) But with our "new" tractor down and not running we're out about $10,000 till we can get a refund or a replacement to sell and hope to not lose as much money.
    Being a small Certified Naturally Grown market farm we are in dire straights now, but at least we'll get our crops in this year.

2. Loading...

3. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

Was it a TSC brand tractor? If it was, it more than likely is made by MTD. You might be able to go to them for repairs or money back.

4. jungseed

jungseed Seedling

Very sorry to hear of your trouble. Hope things turn out great before long.

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I'd contact the suppiers and tell them you're going to send a story to the newspapers about the after sales services they DON'T supply. Maybe that'll be enough to get them to replace the part for you. Good luck. Thankfully your crops aren't going to rot in the ground.

Advertisement
  6. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

There are lemon laws in the automobile industry, they may apply to tractors as well. It might be worth looking into. As Eileen suggested, bad publicity is also a strong motivator. It also sounds like it should be new enough to still be in warranty. My dad always said "when you have trouble with a large company, always go to the top". A well worded letter to the CEO of the manufacturing company might get some action. Good luck with your pursuits.

Tom

7. crazy1

crazy1 Seedling

Thanks everyone. The tractor isn't an MTD it was a shipped from China tractor. As of right now the local John Deere dealer has it and supposedly the parts are on their way......

heard that before!!!!!!!!!

But I've sent a letter to the corporate office and I'm hoping for a good response. I really believe that this will all work out in the end. It's just getting to the end that's the tuff part lol

As to lemon laws, they do apply to tractors. But there has to be numerous attempts to repair it before you can file for the lemon law. So I'm hoping it won't come to that, but if it does than I guess it does.

8. fred333

fred333 New Seed

That is good to know there is some progress being made. Let us know how it turns out.