Trail Cam

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Zigs, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Zigs

Zigs Young Pine

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I love watching the birds at our feeders. The Long Tailed Tits are visiting every day now and they always arrive in a little flock. Our Great Spotted Woodpeckers are also frequent visitors. I do love to watch all the different species that visit our garden.
    Thanks for your video I have a feeling you enjoy your birds as much as I do mine.

Logan, Droopy, Zigs and 1 other person like this.
  4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Oh Eileen, what a thrill to see those little things. They fly through our lottie but one has to be there at the right time of day ... plus, they do not stay long.

Logan, Droopy and Zigs like this.
  5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Awww, now I miss the woodpecker that used to be here. I think he moved when they started building new houses just up the road. Lovely bird cam. Thanks for sharing.

Logan likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Tetters

Tetters Young Pine

The long tailed tits are a big favourite of mine, they come through our place travelling South to North in the mornings, stopping off for a meal on the way to wherever they are going, then they all pop in again on the way back in the middle of the afternoon.
    One afternoon Zigs found one of them in our static caravan, it had gone in and couldn't find it's way out again, so Zigs helped. The rest of the gang had already gone home though, and as the trapped one left the van one of the others flew back to collect him/her - which proves how well they look after each other.

7. MIKE ALLEN

MIKE ALLEN Seedling

A couple of years back, the long tailed tits began visiting my garden. Amazing. Unlike most birds that fly off when humans approach, these little beauties gathered close and began flittering around my head. It was just like a scene from a Disney movie.

Sjoerd, Logan, Droopy and 2 others like this.
  8. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Lovely video @Zigs
    In the winter we have gold finches, they make a lot of mess when eating the sunflower hearts in the feeders. All the half eaten seeds on the floor but the other birds won't eat it unless I don't put any other seeds out.
    Once a blue tit got through the window in the conservatory but hubby helped him out.

Zigs, MIKE ALLEN and Tetters like this.
  9. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Mike our Long tailed Tits do the same. They never seem bothered that I'm in the garden and they appear to like my company as much as I do theirs.

Logan and Sjoerd like this.