Travels of one of Dooley's bags

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by marlingardener, Mar 11, 2013.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

As you all know, Dooley gave me a beautiful tote bag. Well, I had several gallon bags of lettuce to take to the food pantry, so into her tote they went! Very convenient, and so much easier than trying to juggle cold, condensing, plastic bags of lettuce without squooshing any.
    Then we went to Aldi, and I took her tote. We used it instead of a cart. Five pounds of flour, two steaks, a head of lettuce, a bottle of our favorite barbecue sauce, and we didn't strain the straps or any of the stitching! These bags are made to last, and to carry loads.
    By the way, Aldi was a bit of a disappointment. The produce, frozen items, and canned goods were not impressive. However, if you want lots and lots of toilet paper, Aldi's is the spot!

Frank likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I'm not surprised how durable one of Dooley's tote bags are ... the apron she sent me is beautifully made and will probably outlast ME!

4. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Funny you should mention Aldi's. Remember I said I had never heard of them? Well... they're opening one not far from my office.
    Glad to hear that Dooley's bag is getting so much good use!

5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I use my tote bags but as yet, I haven't used the shopping bags. I think I have been busy making them for other people or giving them to friends here and there. I like to do that anyway. When we went to the market last week it was so windy our awning where I hang everything caught a gust of wind and went sailing away, aprons and all. Everyone went chasing after it and caught it. I bundled everything into the backseat of the truck and hauled it home. Then, I had to sort it all out and repack it. Lots of fun and we need to come up with a studier awning setup before next month.

dooley