Tree? Bush?

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by Ronni, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

One of my clients bought these trees? bushes? whatever they are for an event she hosted in her home. Now that the event is over, she has NO clue what to do with them. She doesn't know whether they will last outside through the winter or if she should bring them in or what. I'm in Nashville TN...zone 6B
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone?

2. Loading...

3. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Very nice choice. These are fiddle leaf figs. You will need to bring them in for the Winter.
    http://www.hgtv.com/outdoors/flowers-and-plants/houseplants/the-fiddle-leaf-fig-is-fashion-forward
    Edited to say.... Just move them right in on the other side of the patio windows. It probably will be a good spot as long as there are no drafts . I also recommend running a humidifier near the trees while they are inside. We never seem to be able to get high enough humidity during the winter to make houseplants do well.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    purpleinopp likes this.
  4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Ficus lyrata (Fiddle Leaf Fig)

Even with a large over hanging roof on that entry, if it gets any direct sun that could burn the leaves. If that is a north or south facing entry it should be okay. Turn the plant every month or so when it starts leaning towards the light to keep it growing straight.
    Let the soil dry down to about an inch before watering.

5. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Lovely bushes and 'yes' they are Figs. :)

6. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Thanks guys. I go back to my client Monday. I'll let her know what you all said, and likely we'll just move them inside. The french doors that they're in front of in that first pic leads into a lovely sun room/den area, and I think we can move them to just inside those doors...one on each end. That will protect them from the cold while also meeting their sun requirements.

You guys rock!!! Appreciate it! :heart: