Vacay next week!!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Ronni, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Heading out to visit my son and his wife and 4 of my grand babies who live in Whittier California. Corey is flying me out on the 24th July and I fly back on 6th August. Ron can't take that much time off from work, so Corey is going to fly him out on the 2nd and he'll stay through the 6th and we'll fly back together. It's been a year since I've visited with that part of my family, though we text and FaceTime all the time, but still, I miss them and I'm really looking forward to seeing them all. Their oldest just got her learners permit!!! Corey’s a Firefighter, and just made Captain, so I'm interested in seeing his new Station.

Since the last time I visited, they've completely remodeled their house, plus added an additional 1500 square feet, a jacuzzi and a pool, so I'm really excited to see all the changes. His wife Mayra keeps telling me that they did the addition just so they had a dedicated guest room for me, and I won't have to sleep in the one of the kids' rooms any more lol! We'll probably spend several days at their condo in Big Bear too, and I'm looking forward to that as well! Corey just opened his 4th restaurant, and I'm excited to see what he's done with it.

Any of you guys live in California, close enough to the Whittier area so that we could maybe grab a drink or a coffee and meet in person?

Two weeks after we get home from that, we're heading to upstate New York to meet up with a bunch of friends and then we'll all go to the NY State fair! Never been, really looking forward to going!

We also have invitations to visit and stay with friends/family in Estes Park Colorado, Grayton Beach Florida and Victoria Texas, all of whom want us to come before the end of the year. We’re running out of time in 2019 to fit everything in!! :D

Sjoerd, eileen and Cayuga Morning like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Sounds wonderful Ronnie!

Ronni likes this.
  4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Have a ball Ronni and we'll all look forward to your photographs when you get back.

Ronni likes this.
  5. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    You are one busy girl. I am sure you will be enjoying yourself throughly :stew1: