Want a picture of frogs and a toad

Discussion in 'Wildlife in the Garden' started by Kildale, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Kildale

Kildale Nature's Window

Last week I started another project, all the official amphibians chosen by the States. I was fortunate to locate a real expert on the many salamanders that I required, plus some frogs. Out of 25 required, that is all the amphibians chosen by the States, I have managed to get 18. The frogs required are: Tree frog, Hyla eximia. Wood frog, Lithobates sylvaticus.
    Texas toad, Anaxyrus speciosus. Pine Barrens tree frog, Hyla andersonii. If you have any of these lease let me know. If you would like to see the page so far, let me know and I will add a link.

2. Loading...

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Toad 3.jpg
    Is this one of the toads you need? It was on our patio, and frequently shows up on the front sidewalk, too.

Frank and eileen like this.
  4. Kildale

Kildale Nature's Window

That is a good looking frog and a great photograph, but it isn't the one I want. Many thanks though for trying to help.

5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Found a photo of the Texas Toad Anaxyrus speciosus on line and now I know where Spielberg got the idea for Jabba the Hutt.:eek: Sorry we do not have them up here, they apparently need sandy soil and I live on the Blacklands Prairie so named because of the black clay we laughingly call dirt here.

6. Kildale

Kildale Nature's Window

I have got another two from the list Texas and New York. Thank you for trying. The page looks great.