Wasabi ideas!

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by S-H, Mar 2, 2022.

1. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Who here has experience of growing their own Wasabi? I'm told that it's very difficult to cultivate, outside of it's national environment in Japan. So how about in a climate controlled environment?

:headscratch:

Yes I like Wasabi sauce very much. So that's my real motivation... I can go with the fake Wassabi sauce too, which actually is just horseradish, mustard flour, cornstarch, and a little green food color - But like everyone else who has tasted the real thing will attest. There is really no comparison between the 2.

[​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. mart

mart Strong Ash

I can`t even get it here but its necessary for some Japanese and Korean foods ! Can you even get seed ?

S-H likes this.
  4. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

I have a friend who has a friend in the Japanese embassy. And I've heard that that guy is always making extra money, (taking advantage of his diplomatic privileges) - Therefore he has been known to buy blue fin tuna caught in our sea. Which he immediately ships to Japan. And so anything exotic anyone wants from Japan, he is also able to get, (for a price of course).

But before I engage him, I rather have all the information about wasabi collected in one place for easy reference.