We never stop learning....

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Tetters, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Tetters

Tetters Young Pine

This morning Zigs came in to show me a cactus (not unusual) It was an impressive sample of an Old man opuntia. During the warmer months it looked much like all the others (ugly with sharp bits) but this morning it was a ball of fluff. It grew a furry coat for itself :nerdy:
    Yesterday, he brought in a clear plastic bucket he had put spores in to attempt growing ferns, but on inspection he had grown two very different varieties of moss instead. The moss could be a valuable addition to help care for the epiphytes I have started to trial - something new for me and including the air plants of course that someone called @Droopy got me started on :rolleyes:

It is quite foggy outside and rather dark, but with all this stuff to think about we will not be bored, and spring is just around the corner - much to do!!

Daniel W and Sjoerd like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

You are quite right Tetters.
    Interesting stories bout the cactus and the spores. I hope the moss does well for you and that you will post a piccy when they become pubers.
    I have seen those cacti in the garden centre’s here from time to time. I only recall them because of their winter plumage.

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good morning all! I have cranberry chutney cooling in the kitchen, and have done some house tidying.
    What really made me feel good was seeing, in spite of the rain, thunder, and lightning, two cat faces at the kitchen door, waiting to come in to dine. When it is wet we let them in for breakfast and keep the food inside until it is not in danger of getting damp (they like their crunchies.)
    Hope you all have a good, and drier day!

Tetters and Sjoerd like this.
  5. Zigs

Zigs Young Pine

Yep, this one has got really fluffy :)

DSC09593.JPG

In the wild they live 2,400 feet up a mountain so they need to protect themselves against the cold, UV light and skiers.

Advertisement
  6. Tetters

Tetters Young Pine

We've had fog today - getting thick last time I looked. Was this post meant for the ''good day all'' thread Jane?

7. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Yes, Tetters, it was meant for another conversation. I just got so wrapped up in reading about the cacti and your experiment with the epiphytes that I forgot where I was!

Zigs likes this.
  8. Tetters

Tetters Young Pine

It's not just me then :confused:

marlingardener likes this.