Weekly grocery shopping.

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Ronni, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

About to head out to the grocery store to do the weekly shopping. I have a love/hate relationship with it.

I love having a full pantry and fridge/hate putting everything away. I love knowing I'm stocked for all the meals I need to make/hate the actual meal planning. I love shopping for the food/hate loading and unloading all the bags. I love the shopping part/hate the paying part.

You? :stew1:

2. Loading...

3. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

I send my son to go shopping. Then I work with what he brings home. On occasion I go for really basic staples.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Ian does the food shopping here these days and, now that he's taken early retirement, most of the cooking too. I've always hated to shop for groceries so am more than happy to write up a list and leave him to it.

5. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Rich does most of the shopping now. And it's great. He tends to over buy, but I think he will get over that.

Advertisement
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Heh heh heh--Ronni...you are a card.

7. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Donna honey, don't count on it. I let my husband go for a haircut and he came home with four frozen pizzas, six bottles of wine, a bag of snacks mix, and a rifle. Men should not be allowed to shop unsupervised. Keep a close eye on Rich for a while.
    Ronni, I love to grocery shop! Any specials, mark-downs, or unadvertised goodies are all ingredients I can improvise or incorporate into our menus. I make out menus for a week, but often change one or two to accomodate the "specials" I get. You should have seen my Yankee husband's face when I came home with smoked ham hocks. He did enjoy the cassoulet that used them, though!

8. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

I like working at a grocery store cause I dont have to make a special trip, I just shop after my shift :)

I hate working at a grocery store because it seems I can never leave without spending money! lol!

marlingardener likes this.
  9. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I don't mind the shopping or the putting away. What I really hate is the PAYING! Groceries are costing me a fortune lately!

10. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Customer of 28 years owns local grocery store. Cut my coupons out make my list. Look for bargains. But from Veggys -I freeze. And we just bought hog from Farmer friend.

11. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Normally I don't mind the grocery shopping. But for the last several months, I've been recruited to take my aunt to do her shopping. First off, I don't like shopping where she does. And she takes a long time going all over the store... I'm talking around an hour. And this is after spending an hour at the dollar store.
    If it were just me... I'd be in the grocery store that I like and get in out in 30 minutes. And the dollar store? Heck... that only takes 10 minutes.
    But time isn't the worst part... it's the money I'm spending. Just wandering around killing time and buying stuff I don't really need. So yesterday at the dollar store, trying not to buy stuff...standing there while she shopped for birthday cards... I straightened out all the cheapy movies in that bin... put duplicates together and make sure all the titles could be read! :D And I still spent too much money!

Henry Johnson likes this.
  12. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

I buy 1 customer her groceries. Send me a list on e-mail. Just certain brands. But hard part. Lugging them up 22 steps. And down town apartment. And Pray close parking spot.