What is your favorite drink on a hot day?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Tooty2shoes, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Well when I had mentioned Spotted Cow in one of my other posts. Some folks had no idea of what that was. Yes it could have been a Spotted cow. But no. It is one of the Craft Beers I like to drink on a hot day, or when we go out for a Fish fry on Friday nights. It is a light unfiltered beer. But I also like Blue Moon. Both beers have a slight fruit flavor. Especially the Blue Moon. They also serve a slice of orange with a glass of Blue Moon. We love trying different craft beers as they often have a lot more flavor and character than say-mega brewed beers.
    Just thought I would be fun to see what you all might like when having a beer. Bottoms up!

Frank likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

We are very fortunate in having access to a lot of Mexican beers. Negra Modelo is my personal favorite, while the amber Dos Equis is my husband's. Mexico exports a lot of beer to Texas, and most of them are "craft" beers, although made by larger brewers. They just have a lot of taste and body.
    Texas puts out some good beers--Shiner Bock being one of them. My husband has been talking about taking a day trip to the Spoetzel brewery for a tour, and probably a tasting of Shiner Bock!
    I'll have to get a six-pack of Blue Moon to try. You make it sound pretty good!

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Harp followed closely by Guinness. There is a local brewery in Ft. Worth named Rahr and Sons, they make an excellent seasonal dark ale called Winter Warmer that I like too.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Guinness all the way. How stereotypical am I :rolleyes: However I'm not much of a beer connoisseur - beer is beer to me most of the time.

Tooty2shoes likes this.

Advertisement
  6. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Well I don't drink anything that has any alcohol in it. Mainly because of culture, as Pakistan is a Muslim nation, and since consumption of alcohol is forbidden in Islam, is the reason why alcoholic beverages are not easily available. And the say alcohol (as well as smoking tobacco, or anything else) kills brain cells - So that is why I run as far away from it as possible, (as I see my mind like an asset, the one true asset, on which I depend on for everything, so I'm not in favor of compromising or damaging it)...

However, I will admit that watching those funny Budweiser advertisements on YouTube, as well as those of Foster's beer is very entertaining! :smt044 :rofl:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    Tooty2shoes likes this.
  7. Ms kitty 01

Ms kitty 01 In Flower

There is nothing like good ole Coors.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  8. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

Beer is okay on a hot day but it has to be icy cold for me to enjoy it. I do enjoy a shot of Canadian Club whiskey now and then though!

Tooty2shoes and Netty like this.
  9. cajuncappy

cajuncappy In Flower

As some of yall prolly already know I am a beer drinker. I am a traditionalist though I do not like fruit nuts or berries in my beer. I like beer in my beer. I will drink most any beer and enjoy it my cheap beer of choice is Pabst its an old american beer, middle of the road is Budweiser. and when I can afford it or am celebrating, I like an amber ale something a lil darker and richer and full flavored than the standard american beer. There are several good small beer companies that make excellent beers sadly they are usually out of my budget.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  10. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I'm not a beer drinker either, but I do enjoy an ice cold Pabst or Coors Light. I usually prefer the Jack Daniel Lynchburg Lemonade coolers, Canadian Club and cola or Peach Schnapps and OJ :)

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  11. Kildale

Kildale Nature's Window

Ginger beer only, if it has to be a beer. How anyone can like beer is beyond me.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  12. gardenelf

gardenelf In Flower

Ah, I'm totally with Kildale on this one, not a beer-person I'm afraid :)
    What I do find fascinating, though, is how many different kinds of beer there are. These days there even are real Beer-Sommeliers, who can advise what beer to have when and with what.
    :stew1:

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  13. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Not a beer person....ugh!

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  14. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

Only Root beer. :) I am a tea teetotaler. No alcohol of any sort for me.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  15. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Beer sommelier? Now, that's a job for me--where do I apply?

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  16. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

First I have to apologize to those who do not drink beer or any alcohol. I was going to title the thread--What is your favorite drink on a hot day? But thought it was to broad. Never second guess yourself. So now the right title has been posted. There are a lot of good drinks that are non-alcoholic. So please feel free to let us know what you like drinking on a hot day.

Marlin-I love all the craft beers that are coming on the market. Sounds like you have a some interesting craft beers from Mexico. When my honey and I visited Texas a few years ago we definitely liked Shiner Bock. We can buy it here in Wis. so we do enjoy a good Shiner once in a while.

Toni-I almost fell out of my computer chair when I read your post. We had a Rahr family in Manitowoc, Wisconsin where I grew up. They immigrated to America in early 1840's. Then they moved to Manitowoc in the late 1840's early 1850's and started a brewery. They eventually called the brewery, William Rahr Sons Brewery and Malting Co. I bet they are related. Wow, small world.

Frank- you are way to funny. You liking Guinness, hummmmmm I wonder why.:rolleyes: What is your favorite drink on a hot day in Ireland. Hummm, does Ireland have hot days?:D Just wondering.

S-H I totally understand. A lot of stuff we consume is not good for the body or brain cells. What do you enjoy drinking on a Hot day. I will often have a lemonade in a big glass of ice. Very yummy.

MsK, Coors is made by the same company that brews Blue moon I think.

2ofus, and Netty----We do also enjoy a good mixed drink such as an Old fashion. But unless you live in Wisconsin you will probably get strange looks if you order one in a different state. You can make it with whiskey or brandy.

Cajun- yup I fully understand.

Kiledale, gardenE, Sherry8, and chrisle---we all have our likes and dislikes. So what is your favorite drink of a hot day. Lemonade is one of my non-alcoholic drinks on a hot day. Very refreshing.

Marlin---you are way to funny. But it does sound like a interesting job.

Donna S, Frank, S-H and 1 other person like this.