What was I thinking? Please help!

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by GT333, Oct 18, 2007.

1. GT333

GT333 New Seed

For some reason I fell in love with this comforter a few years ago when we redid our bedroom. So I included lavender carpet in the finished product. Now a few years later, I want to paint this room and update the comforter & window treatment. Since this picture, we have purchased a Maple wood bed and nightstands (lots of wood). So, I am stuck with lavender carpet and lots of wood. Any suggestions for a "grown up" look and feel here? I don't think my hubby wants to sleep in this decor any more. Thanks!!
    [​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. redrose

redrose Seedling

Depending on your budget and how much time you want to put into it, you could re-do the carpeting.

4. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Hm - your carpet isn't really that lavender, it's a darker purple (I love it, actually) - I wonder if you could incorporate some jewel tones with it, gold and green, etc.

The walls could go more neutral and you could use the stronger jewel tones as accents via artwork and a different curtain/bedspread?

This bedspread might still be able to be used for a second bedroom?

5. GT333

GT333 New Seed

You're right it is a dark purple. A while back I bought a jewel tone bedspread, which compliments the carpet nicely. However, the walls stumped me. I like your idea of a neutral wall color. I guess I have so many colors going on in there my head is spinning!! I think I am inspired, thank you Primsong!

Advertisement
  6. SusieQ

SusieQ Seedling

Why not find a new set like shown here, paint walls the neutral tone in comforter, and pick a set more gender friendly not flowery, and with lavender in it to go with carpet? this set is online and comes with drapes etc. at BrylaneHome:

7. SongofJoy57

SongofJoy57 In Flower

Too bad for your husband . . .
    I like the room . . . it is actually very tranquil and peaceful . . . Primsong and Suzie-Q actually have some very wonderful suggestions . . . I would like to know exactly what is jewel tone . . . is it emerald-like???? I like the room already like it is . . . to make it masculine, I would have someone make me a headboard out of tree limbs or something rugged . . . or purchase some masculine furniture to complement your beautiful look . . . Tell your husband to get in touch with his feminine side. ;)

8. saffron

saffron New Seed

I would paint the walls a neutral colour,you will find it will make such a difference & think it will give you more options re curtains & linen along with keeping what you have at the moment.

9. stacy131

stacy131 New Seed

That actually is one of the most popular Waverly fabrics out there. I've sewn quite a few times with it for many of my clients. I agree, it doesn't work in your room, but there are masculine colors that can neutralize it. Brown, ivory, and purple, for example, is a great combination.

10. dirt2diamonds

dirt2diamonds In Flower

Not much of a decorator. But I love your old look and know you will do a good job on the redo. Would enjoy to see pics of the new sleeping do. Purple was for royalty you know.