Where can I get nice kitchen worktop with a nice pattern

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by Chieftain600, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Chieftain600

Chieftain600 New Seed

I'm looking everywhere for a nice kitchen or bathroom worktop to build a custom vanity / sink unit in my bathroom.

However EVERY site I've been to seems to offer nothing other than variations of marbled, speckled or wood effect. Has the world gone mad?

What I'd love is either a plain deep blue, or maybe a nice abstract pattern (spots, concentric circles, stripes, flowers etc). Are there any suppliers out there that cater for these (surely not) warped tastes?

Thanks

Daniel

2. Loading...

3. kaseylib

kaseylib Young Pine

It's been a long time since I've shopped for counter tops, but I'd think that laminate would come in any color/pattern that you'd want. I know that most everyone's preference nowadays is granite, so I'm sure that's what is most available. You could consider tiling the surface...your choices are unlimited then as to the pattern and design you want to create.

4. caffrey

caffrey New Seed

A friend of mine just had his kitchen surfaces replaced with concrete of all things. It looks incredible - almost like sparkly sand. It is buffed and treated to an incredible shine, is not at all porous, can be finished to your specifications and is cheaper than granite. I don't know if they can do patterns but it might be worth looking into. Good luck!

5. Chieftain600

Chieftain600 New Seed

@kaseylib. Thanks for the suggestions. I wish you were right about laminate but I've googled this a lot and the choice really does seem to be as restricted as I said in my original post.

There seems to be a real lack of imagination on the part of the manufacturers here. I'll keep looking...

@caffrey. Concrete does sound great - will bear in mind for kitchen

6. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Try looking for a product called Corian. We used Corian in our bath rooms and it is great. We got it at Home Depot, the selection was very broad. Or Google Corian and check it out.
    Tom