Who has body issues to bitch about?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Ronni, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

I can't possibly be the only one!

I have a chin hair. Yes, I said one. Just one (so far praise the Lord and fingers crossed!!!) It came in after menopause began. I thought it was a one-off and just yanked it out without further thought. That is, until Paige noticed it some weeks later and mentioned it to me. DAMN!! Yup, there it was again!

Thus began my chin hair war, the war I've been fighting for 14+ years now. It's SO frustrating because it's completely random. I'll go for months with no sighting, and then it seems like overnight I suddenly have one that's a quarter inch long!! Sometimes it's every other week. I have to angle my head just right to even be able to see the thing, and it's gotten worse since it went gray. Now it's even harder to see, but it's tougher too, so whereas before I could pluck it out with my fingers, now I need tweezers and it sometimes needs several yanks before it turns loose.

Thanks, menopause. :mad:

bunkie likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. LIcenter

LIcenter In Flower

So, are you the good witch, or the bad witch? :p

Cayuga Morning and Ronni like this.
  4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

It comes to us all Ronni but I really wish it wouldn't!! :(

5. Odif

Odif Young Pine

mine started while I was still a teenager.

Advertisement
  6. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Iiî o
    :rofl:

Such a smart a$$!

Cayuga Morning and LIcenter like this.
  7. LIcenter

LIcenter In Flower

HA I know,I was born that way. I like you also have unwanted hair on my face. Oh to not shave would be wonderful. Baby Face Nelson,I am not.

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Don't forget to keep an eye on your upper lip too, not too many beards grow without also producing a mustache.
    Use a small flashlight to keep an eye on your chin and neck, the gray ones shine like a light bulb but are difficult to see otherwise.
    It is part of growing older.... be glad you get the chance to grow old and tweezer on.

9. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Ladies, how about the muffin top that paunches out over our low slung jeans? What's with that? And why did the styles have to change just as my muffin top appeared? I ask you.

10. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

OMG the muffin top!!!!! :smt093:smt089:smt088

You'd think, because I'm fairly slim, that I would have escaped the muffin top....NOT!!!! I may be slender, but I'm old, and gravity is taking its toll so what flesh I have is slowly sliding down my body, and pooling at my middle. Add a pair of jeans that sit even slightly below my navel, and voila!! Muffin top! :eek:

I've resorted to wearing only high rise jeans!! Of course, then, because all that pooling flesh is now encased in zipped up jeans, I now have love handles!! I mean, there's just no way to win! :crying:

11. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy In Flower

Just so both genders are included: Two years ago January, a 72 year old, driving a 26 year old tank of a car, ran a red light and T-boned me in the drivers door. Literally, my left hip. I was driving a 16 year old Hyundai Accent. She was uninsured! It was my commuter car. Resultant back and hip problems are not helped by physical therapy, and are leading to other issues with my legs. Two Aleve twice a day seem to be helping the most.

12. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Oh no! :( I'm so sorry FBG. That really sucks.

I deal with daily pain too, not as a result of any kind of accident, just aging, arthritis, and generalized creakiness. Some days are worse than others. After a particularly vigorous and energetic dance night, I wake up with worse aches and pains than usual. But the movement of dance is one of things my doctor has fully endorsed as excellent therapy for the arthritis that plagues me. While it leads to increased soreness next day, it's still an excellent remedy to keep the joints mobile.

As pain goes, I'll take it...so much better to get achy from something I enjoy so much and that I'm passionate about than as a result of an accident like you had! :worried:

13. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

I am so sorry too FBG. I know this probably sounds crunchy granola to you, but have you tried yoga? I have various maladies (herniated disc, chondromalacia in knees, etc) & yoga has helped me the most. I do a 'gentle' class that still works up a sweat for me.

14. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

15. mart

mart Strong Ash

I thought everybody had chin hairs ! Just keep your tweezers close by !

16. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

I do. AND a magnifier mirror! ;)