Who Likes Pizza?

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by jnnwyman, Apr 15, 2006.

1. jnnwyman

jnnwyman Seedling

ME, ME, ME!

What is your favorite pizza?

To those who are not in the USA, where do you go for your pizza or do you make your own? We have pizza places that just sell pizza. You can sit and eat or take-out. My hubby and I like take-out best so we can sit at home and watch a movie. :D

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. S-H
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. S-H
      Replies:
      Views:

3. catkins

catkins Seedling

Tuna and red onion for me, gotta be thin and crispy and easy on the tomato paste.Dominos do the best in this area, pizza hut are a bit tight with the tuna :D whats your fave jnnwyman?

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I will shock you all here by confessing that I'm not a big fan of pizza at all :oops: I much prefer kebabs or falafels, mmmmmmm!

But if I had to choose a type of pizza it would have to include lots of tuna and a thin base. Oh yeah and salami.

5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Just to clear up my misconception here....when you say tuna on pizza you are not talking about the canned "Chicken of the Sea" tuna for tuna salad are you? You are talking about chunks of tuna meat, right?

I am not sure tuna is an available pizza topping around here.

My favorites are Alfredo, Alfredo with spinach and mushrooms, barbeque sauce w/cheddar cheese and the taco pizza....all of which can be found at any CiCi's Pizza buffet.

My grandmother made one with browned crumbled pork sausage, cheddar cheese, a few slices of jalapenos and instead of buying tomato sauce for the sauce she used ketsup.
    It's really pretty good.....except for the jalapeno part.

Advertisement
  6. catkins

catkins Seedling

Yes toni, the canned tuna.Ive never seen "real " tuna on a pizza.Do you have that where you are ?

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I can get tuna steaks at some grocery stores, especially Whole Foods Market and it is pretty expensive.
    Tuna may be available at some of the upscale eatiers but Dominos and Pizza Hut neither one offer tuna as a topping down here.

8. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I'm with Frank on this one as I really don't like pizza much. If I have to have one then it's Cajun chicken, pineapple, ham and mushroom with extra cheese on a stone baked base from Asda. Only have it maybe twice a year though which is enough.

9. Snookie

Snookie New Seed

It's gotta be deep dish, with pepperoni, sausage & lots of cheese. Then some marinara sauce for dipping the "bones".

Darn tasty!

10. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Wow Eileen, cajun chicken in Scotland, I'm impressed!!!!!!!

Mine is Papa John's "The Works", dipped in their garlic sauce. Yum.

11. bethie

bethie Young Pine

The nearest pizza joint to me is 30 miles away and not all that good. I make pizza almost once a week. It's great for winding down with a little tv on sunday night.I sometimes use a good frozen crust, sometimes make crust and make calazones. I make all kinds-satued onion, mushroom, olive. I've even made a hummus pizza! I never heard of tuna on a pizza though it does sound interesting.

12. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Try it Bethie, you might like it :smt023

13. Gizmo

Gizmo Animal Magnet

Pineapple, ham and mushroom with extra cheese when we order. In the summers when schools out its handmade. My daughter (16) is taking Culinary arts. She loves to cook (cleaning up is not part of it :-x ).She was baking bread at 4yrs old (with help). For tuna never heard of it and don't want to even try it thank you :!:. I'm going to have to tell her about that one :eek: . Pizza to her is her life :D . G!z

14. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

I like it now and then, but I tend to eat all the toppings and leave the crust, heh. Veggies and canadian bacon for me! My family usually gets a "take-n-bake" that's made up ahead of time, you just take off the plastic wrap and stick it in the oven at home.

15. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

My husband's pizza with homemade sauce is the best. Lots of ham, pepperoni,mushrooms, onions, green olives, green peppers, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. The crust is made from a mix that he adds italian seasonings to. Too bad we don't have the fixings in the house right now - I think I just got hungry.

16. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I love a good Supreme or Sausage .
    Never heard oftuna .I wouldn't order it anyway .I'm not a tuna person .Not much on any kind of fish .I do like Long John Silvers .