Wild weather here in the US, & the world.

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Tooty2shoes, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

I hope and pray that our stewbie families here in the US are safe and sound with all the excessive heat, wild fires, floods, and tornados effecting so much of our country. Let us know how you are? Please.
    Plus I pray for the safety of all our Stewbie families in other parts of the world who are experiencing wild weather patterns.

2ofus, Frank and vitrsna like this.
  2. Loading...

3. vitrsna

vitrsna Seedling

Here in central and southwest Mexico, we have officially started our rainy season with 2 tropical storms so far. The garden loves the rainy season. The storms come in the late afternoon and early evening and can make a real mess, but so far have only lasted an hour or so. The days are sunny and/or overcast, hot, and humid...just what one would expect at this time of year, so far nothing unusual going on here, Tooty. I haven't yet received news from the US and will check CNN this evening to see what areas are in trouble there. Are you having weather related problems in Wisconsin?

4. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Vitrsna- no thank God. But there are quite a few states that are being effected. CNN should have some good coverage.

5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Tooty, thank you so much for your care and concern!
    It seems that the worst of the weather is over here in central Texas. We were soggy for over a month, and then Tropical Storm Bill came through and flattened our corn, but other than being rather wet and flat, we are fine.
    I pray that the areas of Texas, and other spots in the midwest, have suffered no more damage than we have.

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Sometimes I'm so glad I live in Scotland. I doubt that I could cope with the weather conditions you folks have to put up with. Fingers crossed the damage hasn't been too severe in the Midwest and that no-one has been severely injured.

7. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
  8. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

We didn't get the normal snowfall but have received mega rain so I'm hopping that will slow down the start of fires for a while.

9. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Glad to hear from some of you that have been effected by the crazy weather. Now there are wild fires raging in the State of Washington. Yikes. It just doesn't seem to let up. Plus temps in the 100's in the Western US. Please keep us informed. Have a safe week. Hugs from me to you all.

marlingardener likes this.
  10. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

It has been some terrible weather in so many places...I hope everyone is OK

Tooty2shoes likes this.