Wood Bees

Discussion in 'Plant Pests, Diseases and Weeds' started by teddybear, May 28, 2007.

1. teddybear

teddybear In Flower

My Dad has wood bees. They were content to live in the corral fence and saddle house but, a tornado took that out last wednesday. We had been meaning to replace all of it for about 10yrs so it wasn't all bad. The problem is now the bees are really starting to attack the house. Does any one know of a way to get rid of or at least detour them? Thanks!

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Getting rid of them appears to be a long process but it also appears that there is probably no way to deter them.

4. teddybear

teddybear In Flower

Thanks for the link Toni!

5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We have some of those. We burn wood in the winter for heat. They came with our logs. They seem content to stay in the logs for now. We haven't seen any holes in the house or shed. The first time I saw any was when I split a log and they all come flying out. I flew into the house to look them up. I see them once in awhile among the flowers but they don't bother us. I haven't tried to get rid of them so don't know what would work. As long as they stay in the wood piles I will let them be. dooley

6. teddybear

teddybear In Flower

You can't miss them around here. There is a constant buzzing noise most of the time. It's not just him either all of the houses in that area have the same problem.