Woohoo! More blooms

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Droopy, May 29, 2008.

1. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I'm so delighted, and I just can't hide it as the song goes. Just look at what greeted me on my morning rounds:

The white Meconopsis betonicifolia:

[​IMG]

A pink peony, I can't remember it's name:

[​IMG]

The red P. officinalis is opening up:

[​IMG]

A big Aquilegia bloom, finally:

[​IMG]

Rhododendron "Bernstein":

[​IMG]

One of the reasons I'm excited is this, the Arisaema sikokianum. It's not supposed to be hardy here, but I've got proof. Well, it's sitting in the very best location for tender plants so I guess we just lucked out:

[​IMG]

The tiny, white Dodecathon:

[​IMG]

The mini-Trollius "Hestøyensis":

[​IMG]

Lewisia:

[​IMG]

Can't imagine where this came from, but it suddenly appearead behind the Inula, put the bud on the leaf and bloomed:

[​IMG]

The semi-aquilegia have been at it for some time. I leave them to self-seed and just pull them up where I don't want them. (That nearly never happens, though.)

[​IMG]

We've got rain predicted for tomorrow, so I'd best get outside and enjoy! :D

2. Loading...

3. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

Ohhh My Goodness. Beautiful!!! Goodness! Those are are drop dead gorgeous. Thank you for the pick me up, since we've had drizzle for the past 2 days. Today is supposed to be sunny again. I'm waiting for it to clear so i can go out and play,,,lol.

4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Oh, just look at what you've got. Those are beautiful to behold. You were sure have been busy this morning, haven't you? It looks as though I see some sunlight there. We are not having any sun now, it started off sunny then went gray, but it's quite warm.

Anyway, those flowers of yours are really showing off their colours. That Aquilegia lookls huge and the colours of the Rhododendron is very nice indeed.
    It was nice of you to show a few of the beauties growing in your garden.
    The A. sikokianum is coming right along, isn't it? It looks quite tall. How tall is this plant that you photographed?

5. Droopy

Thanks both! :D That Arisaema is about 25 cm/10 inches tall, so it's not very tall at all. :D

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

It's great when you step outside and see all the new things that have appeared in your garden isn't it? :-D You certainly have plenty going on at the moment Droopy. I, too, have Arisaema Sikokianum growing in my garden and I just love them to bits. I think you Meconopsis Betonicifolia is gorgeous. :stew2:

7. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

No wonder you are excited! Those are beautiful beyond words. Thanks for sharing.

8. Droopy

Thank you both! :D I can't believe we're still in May when I look outside. There's so much going on. One of my lilies are growing so I can see the difference from day to day. Last year it was about 2 meters tall, that's 6,6 foot. Wonder if it's going to be even taller this year.

9. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

WoW and double WoW ,What a site to behold this morning.A great eye opener for sure.I would love to step out and see those beauties in my yard.I love them all Droopy.Thanks so much for all those gorgeous beauties.

10. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

Yes, Droopy thank you for sharing all those gorgeous flowers you have. I'm still waiting for so many of mine, I've got only 2 things blooming right now. I can't choose which I like best because they are all so beautiful but Aquilegia and the peonies are a couple of my favorite and that Rhododendron "Bernstein" of yours is so unique. I've never seen one like that, it's wonderful. You put some happiness into my day for sure...thanks.

11. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Absolutely wonderful blooms Droopy. Of course I love the Peony :) but they are all gorgeous

12. Droopy

Thank you all! I hope your blooms will hurry up for you tschnath.