Would liquid EPDM effectively seal seam between EPDM sheets?

Discussion in 'Water Gardening' started by mlezjello, Apr 19, 2007.

1. mlezjello

mlezjello New Seed

i wonder if my last post got deleted because i was referring to a specific product. i am not looking for endorsements, and i apologize if i broke any community standards.

does anyone know if liquid EPDM can effectively seal a seam between EPDM sheets (versus the "tape", which i am told doesn't work well)? i don't want to have to replace the whole liner if i don't have to.

i really want to fix the pond in my new house this spring, and i'm looking for some seasoned advice. i just really want some help.

thanks.
    emily

2. katsback

katsback In Flower

Have you looked up that product on the web, maybe you could email the company and ask them, or look into repairing ponds,what products are used on the web..

3. mlezjello

mlezjello New Seed

yep, i've both e-mailed the company and checked out other references on the web. i just thought i would try here, because i thought the advice i received here last fall was very well-informed and without slant. i will await the company's reply. my gut tells me that it would work well for small leaks or holes, but i'm not sure it would hold up for sealing two seams (4-5 feet in total length).

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Emily I have never tried EPDM sealant but I gave a friend a ring about it for you. She has used it and has had no problems with it. However, she has only used it on short lengths - nothing as long as the bits you want to seal together. She did say though to make sure there are no air bubbles between the sheets when gluing them together. I, persionally, prefer to use the double sided pond tape as it tends to be less messy.