Writing a cook book.

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Donna S, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Years a recipes stuff every where. Going to try and make some order out of them. Think it's going to take awhile.

[​IMG]
    OMG am I crazy or what! ( photo / image / picture from Donna S's Garden )

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from Donna S's Garden )

Frank, eileen, Henry Johnson and 4 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

That is very great. As you know I love order..

..but don't come here to look into my closets since my sister got sick. She has been bringing things up like crazy for us to sell. I keep stuffing and stuffing just to keep my house clean. LOL

I have a double kitchen cabinet over my fridge and freezer just for recipes and cook books. If you want to find a recipe just go get a stool and look away.....

Nice china cabinets and chairs by the way. Love the doors.

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good for you Donna! I just recently gathered all my recipes and put them all in a binder ... there were sheets of paper all over the house!

5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Donna, you are one ambitious woman! I think you'll need a big binder for all those recipes.
    (I recently split my recipe binder into two binders because I keep finding all these great recipes on the Stew!).

Advertisement
  6. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Barb, I would love to look through your recipe. But I'm to old to climb up there.

Netty, That's exactly why I'm doing this.

Jane, I know what you mean. I find to many recipes. I think I will make one section of just GS recipes. Oh and I am not ambitious, just plane bored.

7. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Donna, I strongly suggest that you go online with your recipes! Like on YouTube, (or make up your own website with lots of pictures)... As many people have gotten great exposure that way - And some later got invited by real TV networks too, to star in their very own cooking show!

See these baboons for example, who also started out from just a simple YouTube account - Yet today have their own TV show:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_Meal_Time
    So if they (people of sub-normal intelligence) can do it - I'm sure your efforts will be a lot more classy. As well as a lot less messy! :)

After which (exactly like a few others have done) you also can get very wealthy by actually publishing your own cookbook!

While in the traditional way, where we are more or less unknown in the real world - All publishing houses will simply toss our manuscripts into the trash (without even bothering to read a single page)... Which is why I suggested to get internet fame first, after which go pro!
    :stew1:

8. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Donna you've just reminded me that I should have compiled all my recipes a while back and made a book of them for my daughter. She's been asking for, literally, years for it and I still haven't done it for her. :oops: Must get my finger out and do it for Christmas.
    Good luck with your recipe book and I hope you will show us the end product. It certainly looks as though your going to be a busy lady for a while.