Yard Sale finds!

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by dooley, Jan 27, 2008.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Not exactly yard sales as they were inside but dr and I went yesterday and found a few things. I didn't take pictures of every thing but these I liked.
    [​IMG]
    This is a knot from a tree root, I think. It needs cleaned up a little. Someone glued little animals on it.

[​IMG]
    dr found these purple frogs. Now, where do I put them?

[​IMG]
    I found this little table top fountain. You can see the size by the can of stainless steel cleaner. I've wanted one but didn't want to pay what the stores wanted for one.

dooley

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

What neat finds. The tree part makes great 'art',
    I love the purple frogs. I love hearing water fountains both inside and outside.

4. petunia

petunia Young Pine

What great finds. purple frogs, how cute. my hubby carves faces out of tree knots. fountains are always nice to hear inside. You and dr did good on your finds. Thanks for posting.

5. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I do like the tree knot and all your finds I have 3 or 4 little water fountains I do like them too.

Advertisement
  6. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I love the tree knot. I think I can spot a troll's face in there. Those frogs are nice too. And your fountain. Those are so nice to listen to.

7. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I have a couple of tree knots in the garden - taken from an old weepong willow we felled. I never thought of fastening little creatures to them though. I'll have to keep an eye out to see if I can find any.

Love the water fountain. :-D I've always wanted one in the house but the prices in the shops are waaaaayyy more than I want to pay for one. :(

What are your prurple frogs made of Dooley? I thought at first they were oragami frogs.

8. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

You always find great stuff at yard sales Dooley. I should be half as lucky...

9. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

Dooley those are awesome finds,, well done! i love the tree knot, i'm with droopy there i thought i was seeing a troll face in it too when i first looked. that would be so awesome in a fairy garden. and that water fall is so pretty too, water in the house is so relaxing, and yes paying the price for them in the stores is outragous,, you did so good.

10. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Dooley you seem to have lots of luck finding good 'stuff' (and Toni does also). Guess folks where I live either don't have (in order to get rid of) these types of items and other neat 'garden junk'or keep them for themselves! But with warmer weather (hopefully) coming soon, I will be out and about in search of new 'junk'.

11. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Thanks! The purple frogs are made of metal so I can put them outside. I already have that green glass frog so maybe I can start a frog garden. dooley

12. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Your frogs look so delicate that's why I thought of oragami when I saw them Dooley. I love to have some like them and would have them in my garden in a minute. :stew1: