Yesterdays Junque haul

Discussion in 'Garden Junk' started by toni, Jun 21, 2009.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I love the little junque shops in the little town we visited yesterday. All the prices are really reasonable, the notebook was $10 and everything else was under $4 each.

We did go to the newly found u-pick-lavender farm, picked two bundles each and man did the car smell wonderful the rest of the day

Two old chicken feeders that will become hanging birdfeeders....yeah, they are 'bird' feeders either way ;)
    [​IMG]
    chicken feeders to become birdfeeders ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

When I am digging up weeds/grass to make a new bed, the soil is so hard I can't get it off the roots so I now have this to wash the soil off. Saving my soil and making the refuse bags lighter weight.

[​IMG]
    sieve ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

I have a barsink with a brass coating that Randy will be making into a wash stand out in the garden for me. This soap dish is wrought iron with a brass looking coating that will sit beside the sink.
    [​IMG]
    soapdish ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

Just had to have this cutie to hang on the trellis out front.
    [​IMG]
    I guess I do collect watering cans. ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

Don't know what the maker of this piece had in mind for it's future use, but I will use it to hang some herbs from for drying....
    [​IMG]
    Don't know what it was originally ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

Here it is hanging in it's new home...
    [​IMG]
    In it's new home ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

I can't see me ever taking the Master Gardener course, I just couldn't do the volunteer community service in the Texas summer heat, but now I have the notebook to learn from....
    [​IMG]
    1995 edition ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

Almost forgot the cutest one, a milk glass type pot to use as a votive candle holder.

[​IMG]
    milk glass type pot for votive holder ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. toni
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. toni
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Penny

Penny Young Pine

More cool finds Toni~~!

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

You find the best stuff Toni! The shops around here just seem to have junk.

5. kaseylib

kaseylib Young Pine

Love the soap dish. I'm a collector of old watering cans too...can't have enough.

Advertisement
  6. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

you have some unique ideas for your finds. It gets me going every time. I found a large ceramic wash basin with pale blue edge that i plan to use for a bird bath. I just have to "find" the base.

7. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

The thingy you don't know what it is for... could it be used as a cup holder? I can't tell what condition it is in. I would have picked it up also.

Where is this u-pick lavender farm? I miss our Purple Ranch Hand dude! I know you visited there. I need to PM you about it. ;)

8. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Lovely finds, you're so good at picking stuff, toni. :D I really liked the whatchamacallit and the soap dish, they're so different.

9. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Neat stuff! I like the chicken feeders -- have never seen them before. Can't wait to see what you do with them!

10. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

That soap dish is rather special isn't it? I also like the chicken feeders and hope the birds enjoy them too. :-D

11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Thanks all.
    I really love those chicken feeders, have been wanting one of the long ones for years but most places think they are made of gold or some other precious metal and price them accordingly...waaaaaay out of my price range. But those were $3 each and 30% off. I really don't have tree limbs where I want to put them so I think the long one will be attached to one of the fence panels and the small one will be attached to the top of a pole stuck in the ground.

When the guy at the counter rang up the hanging metal whateveritis, he asked if I was going to use it for drying herbs...we pondered what it really was for a while but no one had any ideas.

I'm really looking forward to having the sink up out back where I can use the soapdish