Yippeee!!! I've Got A life one!

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by KK Ng, Oct 30, 2017.

1. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

When I received some tomato seeds from Carolyn some 8 months or so ago, I was really excited and wanted to plant it as soon as possible. Due to commitments I was only able to do it about a month or so ago and I posted my joy of starting those seeds here. Sad to say that those I chose to start first did not germinate.

A couple of days ago I noticed a seedling that looked like a tom in the bed that I prepared for those toms appeared. To make sure I waited until this morning to make sure and took a photo of it.

P1080314.JPG
    Doesn't it looked like it is saying "voilĂ  or wala ... I'm here" in a dancing manner :)

I think I'll dig it up and plant it deeper when it gets taller.

Yippee!!! Oops I forgot its name :(

2. Loading...

3. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Whooo Whoo!!!! yep, looks like a tomato to me, too. and I agree... wait a bit to dig it up. right now there is about one root attached to the plant. if you rip that off it may not survive.

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good for you, KK! Persistence pays off, especially with plants. I hope you have lovely, juicy, tasty tomatoes (odds are good since Carolyn sent you the seeds).

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

:fingerscrossed: that your little plant grows up and produces lots of tomatoes for you.:)

Advertisement
  6. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Definitely a tomato! Don't give up that the seeds are not germinating. I composted a whole bunch of tomatoes end of last summer. All this year I keep plucking out tomato seedlings from the garden. They weathered a long time before deciding to germinate.

7. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

It is indeed a joy and thank you all for enjoying the moment with me :)

Carolyn when I dig it up I'll make sure there is enough earth with it to prevent any harm to the roots. It is so exciting!!! :cool:

Thanks Marlingardener, the bed is prepared with Starbucks coffee ground enriched compost ... maybe the tomatoes might have a tinch of coffee flavor :D

Thank you Eileen yes :fingerscrossed:

Thanks Islandlife I am still checking the bed for more plants daily :)