You know you are tired when....

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Melody Mc., Aug 19, 2022.

1. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

I love to laugh at myself...it's an endless source of comedic relief and smiles.

I do not sleep very well, sometimes worse than others. Life has my sleep a little less than less right now - and when I'm overtired a few things happen. I get quite silly ( giggles can be an issue), I make mistakes with words ( has been happening since I was in my twenties) and sometimes I put things in a similiar place...but completely the wrong place. ( milk in the pantry - yup).

Today....the newly cleaned racks from the toaster oven were being neatly placed in the outside refridgerator before I caught myself.

Also, I was trying to order cake flour for an online grocery order for the next town day, and entered " Cake Flower"....a lovely choice of beautiful floral displays came up on my screen.

Both of which made me laugh and shake my head.

I wonder if others have over tired "oops" that give them a chuckle.

Mel

Droopy, Pacnorwest, Jewell and 4 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. mart

mart Strong Ash

Yes,, more than I care to admit !

Logan, Cayuga Morning and Melody Mc. like this.
  4. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

What mart said!

Sometimes when I'm studying my Spanish lesson on my phone app, I fall asleep and my finger accidently hits the 'submit' button & I get it wrong of course. The dinging sound wakes me up.

I've been sleeping a lot better every since I found this website.... Bedtime Stories for Adults in Which Nothing Happens. They are great. Very boring. Nothing happens in them. Put me right to sleep on those nights that my mind won't turn off.

5. Lillium_Lover

Lillium_Lover Seedling

Oh yes. Putting the sugar in the fridge instead of the pantry. Or falling asleep sitting up in a chair..in the garage, while looking at my phone...and you get a scare when your phone hits the floor.

Advertisement
  6. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Had a planned "Canadian Date Night' last night with Hubby. He is an athlete and loves sports. We planned homemade pizza, a cold beer and the World Juniors Gold Medal Game. Game was at 5 pm - I went up to the TV with heating pad on my sore lower back, a brace on my sore heel, and a hot bean bag on my heel.... I woke up to a football game on TV. ???? Very sheepishly asking how the hockey game was going:oops::oops:. It was only a between period break - thankfully. :rolleyes: I recovered for the final period and overtime, and the young fellas managed to do so also. Hubby didn't mind...but not a very good date. Good thing it wasn't a movie theatre with my snoring!! hahahaha:sleeping::sleeping:

7. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Last week I poured the sugar into the flour bin.....yeah ....hahahahaha.

8. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Thanks Mart. :)

Pacnorwest likes this.
  9. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

I like this CM...thanks. I'm also going to share with my Son who struggles with sleep. :)

10. Lillium_Lover

Lillium_Lover Seedling

@Melody Mc. - LOL We call it Slap Happy or Punch Drunk...being so tired, you get silly.
    When you have worked in the garden for hours in the hot sun, and when you come in to take a break, you fall asleep on the couch, completely dirty, sweaty and sunburnt. And your ok with it..lol
    Didnt even need a blanket, I was warm from the sun burn.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
  11. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

We get up at 4.45am and i take one of our dogs around the back of the house to have a wee. I usually put his lead on before we get out of the front door, but one time i didn't put it on but it was still in my hand. We got out of the front door and i realized that barley wasn't attached to the lead. Good thing that he didn't see a hedgehog on the driveway. From that day I've done a few other things.