Your ideas for these decorative cutouts?

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by purpleinopp, Dec 13, 2012.

1. purpleinopp

purpleinopp Young Pine Plants Contributor

2. Loading...

3. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

My GUESS is to use a flour sifter (filled with pwd sgr, of course) that has the squeeze type sifter, not the hand crank type, while holding the stencil with the other hand.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

You could press biscuit dough into them, take it out and then bake them. You'd get an embossed Chrissy picture that way on them.

5. purpleinopp

Carolyn, IKR! I may not even be coordinated enough for this basic function. My son said he wants to help though. (Which I hope isn't more trouble than trying myself, we'll both need a shower after I bet.)

Eileen, that's a good one, thanks!

Advertisement
  6. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Purple, Don't hold it above the cookie, set it on top of the cookie and just steady it. Otherwise I think the definition of the stencil will be compromised. Practice....or google youtube to see if anybody has put up a how to video.

7. purpleinopp

Good idea. I always forget there's more on YouT than young guys crashing on skateboards. I'm sure I'll have to do some on my own if I want great-looking cookies but giggled out loud when I got to the word "compromised," thinking just adding my 7-yr old to the mix will compromise everything already! Ha! I'm sure it will fill up some of the out-of-school time though, and he will be so proud of his first year helping with the cookies.

When I was buying peanut butter this morning, I had a thought of using these for peanut butter cookies, instead of the fork marks.

8. mart

mart Strong Ash

If your son wants to help, maybe use them as templates for sugar cookies then decorate and hang on Christmas tree, or box them up as gifts. For tree decorations roll dough flat and trace the inside line. Poke hole for ribbon to tie it on while cookie is still warm. Any little boy should love Star Wars cookies. And you can`t buy them in a store. To decorate just give him a small brush, bit of white corn syrup for glue and use food color to tint some sugar. Sprinkle the sugar on his syrup glue lines.

9. purpleinopp

Excellent ideas! Thanks!