Your worst cooking disaster???..........

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by luvdirtyhands1, Mar 31, 2012.

1. luvdirtyhands1

luvdirtyhands1 Seedling

We all love to cook & consider ourselves good cooks, but the best of us sometimes have a complete failure. What was yours? Mine was banana bread. I've been making banana bread for at least 45 years. I make it so often I don't ever use a recipe. Well, I made it over at a friend's house & I don't know what I did wrong, but it came out lily-white inside & was mushy & just awful. Embarassing! :'(

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

4. calinromania

calinromania Young Pine

Well, I am not much of a cook. So I can't brag.
    But a disaster happens each time I come from my garden visit, and mom gives me fresh cow milk that I am supposed to boil once I get home and pour it in a pot, and put it on the stove...and go to the living. turn on the tv, my laptop, I start chatting and after a while a very distinct and easy to ID smell of burnt milk........and I run into the kitchen to discover half the milk is on the stove... and a black crust on the pot, and well... those of you who don't buy the milk in a carton KNOW!
    LOL

5. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

My worst cooking disaster was putting my husband in charge of the grill when having a back yard cookout. He put 4 beer can chickens on grill and forgot to turn grill down. When he went to check on them flames were 3 feet in the air and chicken was charcoal. Good thing they all liked hot dogs.

6. cuatro-gatos

cuatro-gatos In Flower

MANY years ago, my best friend and I would spend weeks making many different and yummy Christmas cookies. Good thing we always did a quality check before packing them up. One of our lovely thumb print cookies was made with salt instead of sugar.
    Lets just say we laquared them and glued magnets to their backs for the refrigerator.