Yummy Cobbler Recipe

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by cajunbelle, Dec 4, 2006.

1. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

This can be made with your favorite filling, fresh or canned. If you use fresh, cook the filling down first.

Use a 13X9 inch pan. Put the filling in. I like peach, blueberries, or blackberries. Take a box of dry yellow cake mix and sprinkle evenly over the filling. Use 1 stick butter or margarine, cut into pats or slices, and put on top the cake mix, pour 1 can evaporated milk over the top of that. Bake at 350 degrees until the top is golden brown. Serve warm or cold with the following sauce, which is optional.

Mix 2 tablespoons flour with 1 cup sugar, more or less to taste. Stir in 1 can evaporated milk and cook on medium heat stirring constantly until thick. Add a couple of tablespoons butter, optional, and two teaspoons vanilla. Let cool and serve over cobbler.

2. Loading...

3. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

Sounds like a good one for the dessert socials that are rampant this time of year!

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Yummy indeed Sharon!! I've made cobbler this way a lot over the years and can testify to it being really tasty!!! :D

5. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Thanks for the easy recipe cajuncelle .I printed it and will try it .It does sound yummy.