Regular Plants Contributor
North Texas, Zone 8a
|Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:49 pm Post subject:
I have made gallons of the mustang grape jelly but with the acid level in those grapes I have never considered drinking it. I know how badly it burns hands, first time I made the jelly I didn't know you had to wear gloves for protection and the thought of that burning going all the way down my throat just doesn't appeal to me.
I know you have to neutralize the acid somewhat with water and sugar before you can use it for wine. You might play with small quantities until you get the right taste....letting him be the taste tester of course.
To be interested in the changing seasons is a happier state of mind than to be hopelessly in love with Spring ----