12 Apostles - Victoria, Australia

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Crafts' started by looking, May 12, 2005.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Craig those surely are some lovely pics.

I have recently been thinking of where i would really like to go as i think im about due for a holiday.

Egypt was pretty much the main place i was thinking of with the Sphynx (did i spell that right?) etc.
    But i think Australia has just shot up that list now.

Any more pics would be great. ;)

2. looking

looking Seedling

Hi Mbwest,
    Glad you like the photos. I do have more which I'll post in a while. They are mainly of Great Ocean Road & Geelong. Re a holiday. Oz is a great place to holiday. (But I'm biased :!: )
    Depends on which part of Oz you want to go. Most of the population is on the east coast (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane), however Perth is a lovely spot too (west coast)
    Also depends on what time of year you wish to come. If around October - December my advice is not up north (Darwin, Brisbane) as way too humid. (They call it the Troppo Zone at that time of year) The drive from Melbourne to Adelaide along the great Ocean Road is always great, but not in wintry, wet weather. That would be best done from October - March.
    Also, the Blue Mountains are lovely (just out of Sydney) There are so many places and it's a BIG country.

Cheers
    Craig

3. looking

looking Seedling

OK, Here are some more pics. Apologies if some are doubles as I can't remember which ones I've posted. :oops: They are all from along the Great Ocean Road betwwen Geelong & Warnambool.

Edit: Photo no longer exists

Cont. next message

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another of the 12 apostles collapsed early thismorning; 3rd July 2005 leaving only 8 remainding

Advertisement
  5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Wow really, thanks for that qwerty0123 :) I presume nobody was hurt?

Welcome to the forums by the way :D

6. looking

looking Seedling

Hi Frank,
    No, no-one was hurt as you can't get to the one that collapsed.
    If you look at the 4th pic from the top on this page you will see the one that collapsed. It is the one nearest the camera. It's just a pile of rubble now.
    So that's 4 in the last 20 years that has collapsed. So anyone wanting to see them should not wait too much longer as they are eroding at an increasing rate.
    Cheers
    Craig

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Thanks for the info Craig. It is easy to see that the one that fell looks to be leaning slightly. Some of the others look precarious as well although some also look pretty sturdy so maybe it will take some time yet. I wouldn't bet on that though :)

Update: News report with pics here http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/20 ... 405819.htm

8. looking

looking Seedling