14th of August, Pakistan's 69th Independence Day!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by S-H, Aug 14, 2015.

1. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Once again it's the 14th of August, so as expected there are festivities and concerts (plus a lot of fireworks as sunset approached) going off everywhere! :D

PK day.jpg

However today I am sharing something a bit unusual - Which is the Pakistani National Anthem in sign language... Enjoy!!! :D

Frank and 2ofus like this.
  2. Loading...

3. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

I enjoyed watching the young people and seeing the pride on their faces and the graceful movements of their hands. Thanks for posting it.

4. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

I know... before (about 30+ years ago), if some parents ever had a deaf and/or mute child, then they were more or less helpless - So instead of a happy occasion to welcome the arrival of a new family member, the atmosphere would rather be like as if there had been a death in the family... However all of that seems to have changed in the society now, and high speed digital technology has played a huge part in it too, (specially when it comes to educating such kids). But it didn't stop there, as the windfall was that these deaf and/or mute children also got the tools for self expression (thanks to powerful computers, the internet, and now smart phones too) - Which if you ask me plays a major part in the development of any child!

So today the situation is that if any parents have a deaf and/or mute child, they simply shrug their shoulders and say: "So what? It's not the end of the world"... As it is clear that now they do not face any discrimination when they reach adulthood, and try to find jobs, or seek partners for marriage. Because they are no longer seen as disabled, they are just as productive as anyone else - Hence the pride you noticed on their faces! :)