A bit of a bird surprise !

Discussion in 'Bird' started by mart, May 16, 2017.

1. mart

mart Strong Ash

I am in and out of our garage several times a day. This is where I store feed and have most of my garden things. Today was no different till this afternoon. I walked in to get the doves/birds feed and there were baby house wrens everywhere. They were flitting around all over ! Three were on the lawn mower and another at my feet. Two more came from somewhere . I had seen the mother bird but did not know she had built a nest somewhere in the garage. Evidently they lay a lot of eggs. Couldn`t tell for sure if there were 5 or 6. All were chirping.
    I came in the house to let mother bird take care of them. I went back out about an hour later and all were gone. I could hear them in the privet so I guess they are all fine. Had never seen that many baby birds in one spot.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Kildale

Kildale Nature's Window

Really great when they trust you enough to nest in those places.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

What a lovely surprise that must have been mart. :) Let's hope all the youngsters do well now they're in the big, wide world.

5. mart

mart Strong Ash

I didn`t know a little bird like that would have such a large clutch of eggs. They must have all left the nest at once. That mother has a big job feeding them.

6. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Mart we love wrens. What a special gift. My girl friend had a wren nest in her outside wreath she had hanging by the front door. Like your they are all hatched and flown the coop so to speak.