A Question about rooting mint and a sunflower photo

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by Edlou8181, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Edlou8181

Edlou8181 Seedling

Ok everybody,I have another question
    Is it possible to root mint from cuttings and how would you keep it growing inside during the Winter.
    Now my sunflower and a crazy cloud picture from yesterday.
    ed

[​IMG]
    My sunflower and straw flowers ( photo / image / picture from Edlou8181's Garden )

moderator's note: added a more descriptive title to topic

[​IMG]
    never saw a cloud like this before ( photo / image / picture from Edlou8181's Garden )

2. Loading...

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Yes, mint cuttings will root. I find the easiest way is to take a cutting about 4" long, strip off the lower leaves, and put in a moist 50/50 vermiculite and perlite mixture. Keep the cutting moist and out of direct light. Depending on the type of mint, the temperature, and the age of the cutting (tender new growth roots better than older stems) rooting can take place in two weeks, or longer.
    Mint is one of the few herbs that likes to be indoors. If you put it in a bright window (not where it will get a sunburn) and water it faithfully, it will grow all winter. Just be sure to harvest frequently so you don't get leggy growth.
    Those are amazing photos! That is a tall sunflower, and if I saw clouds like that in Texas, I'd be expecting a tornado.

4. mart

mart Strong Ash

Darn mint will grow on concrete if it gets a bit of water. LOL Just put it on a sunny window sill. It will still get spindly and lose a few leaves if not cut regularly. But give it moderate water, cut it occassionally and set it outside when temps are above 40 degrees and sunny so it can get natural sunlight. Bring it in at night if freezing.
    My sunflowers are so tall and heads so heavy that its currently looking at the ground. Yours still look great, Strange cloud formation,, isn`t it ?

5. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

i agree with all suggestions above!

great pics ed! :D

6. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

That's a great photo of the clouds. Looks like one is pouring into the other.