Another Natural Alternative - For Corn Silk Worms

Discussion in 'Plant Pests, Diseases and Weeds' started by cajunbelle, Sep 24, 2006.

1. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

This has been tried and tested true, we found it in Organic Gardening magazine. For corn silk worms use cedar tea. Take a bunch of cedar leaves and boil them down, let cool and strain. I don't remember how to dilute it, but if it is a little strong it shouldn't hurt anything. Spray on your corn as soon as you see the silk starting to form.

I am going to try it on those pesky leaf rollers on my cannas this year. I will let you know how it works.

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Great tip Sharon let's hope it works on those leaf rollers!!

4. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I have to pass on this as I am so allergic to cedar and pine.I can't even use Pine o Pine on my floors are in the comodes.I am a candle maker and if they have pine are cedar in the oils I can't make them. :(
    Whats really bad is the only 2 big trees I have in my yard is a pine and a cedar.The hugh pine is in the back yard and the cedar is on the right hand corner of my house.I have asthma from them.Its not so bad if not windy the pine needles blow around everywhere if it is.

5. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

Thats too bad glendann because this works really well.