Apartment Gardening Options?

Discussion in 'Gardening Other' started by closetgardener, May 26, 2007.

1. closetgardener

closetgardener New Seed

Hello veggies! I've been living mostly in flats and apartments recently so I don't have much of my own land to be gardening on. But I'm trying to doing what I can, having been inspired by basic ideas about balcony gardens, I've started growing strawberries and some yummy mini wild strawberries in some hanging pots around the place.
    So I was wondering if anyone else has found themselves in my land-scant position or if you could suggest any veggies that would do OK. The pots I have now get good late-afternoon to evening sun.
    Thanks in advance! :)

clo

2. Loading...

3. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Theres a person who lives in this area, and they have tomato plants in containers ^_^ And Im putting all my stuff in containers :) Ive got roses, lettuce, carrots, a hydrangea (its small), a butterfly bush (all of these plants are babies), lilacs, holly, strawberries... you get the idea :D

4. teddybear

teddybear In Flower

I think you can plant most veggies in containers even hanging baskets. You just have to watch your water. Also if you have a vine...watermelon, cucumber, ect. support the fruit so it doesn't pull to hard on the vine and break it.

5. yorkshire lass

yorkshire lass New Seed

I've got a very tiny back yard so everything grows in tubs! Ive grown peas, beans, lettuce, carrots, tomatoes and loads of strawberries...all in tubs!