Can anyone ID these butterflies please?

Discussion in 'Butterfly / Moth' started by seilerbird, Aug 23, 2009.

1. seilerbird

seilerbird New Seed

Hello

This is my first post here. I have been a bird watcher/photographer for years and I have been doing a photographic life list for the last 6 years. I am up to 229 different species. I have just recently started a photographic life list of butterflies and I am starting with 14 species. I am using Kenn Kaufman's Field Guide to Butterflies of North America to ID my photos but I am not positive I have them all identified correctly. I am hoping someone here who is knowledgeable will take some time and check out my photos and correct me on any that I have identified wrong. Thanks in advance for any help. Here is a link to my photo collection:

http://picasaweb.google.com/seilerbird

Enter the album entitled Tom's Life List of Butterflies. Each photo has a caption that lists the name of what I think it is and the location of the photo. The date the photo was taken is in the right hand column.

2. Loading...

3. Kildale

Kildale Nature's Window

The best site for all the insects that need to be identified etc. It is not a forum like most, no chat etc. Top experts run it from Iowa Univ. I have over 600 images there which are kept in my submissions, I go back all the time to recap what is said etc.Have a look BugGuide