Cat rules

Discussion in 'Pets' started by marlingardener, Aug 9, 2023.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

When visiting my house, if you don't like cat hair on your clothing, stay off the sofa.
    I live here. You are the guest.
    You will be sniffed, and possibly licked. Deal with it.
    To you I am a cat, but here I am a baby.
    They like me more than they like most humans.
    They love me. They are only friends with you.

Logan, Clay_22, eileen and 2 others like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. marlingardener
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. marlingardener
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Willowisp0801

Willowisp0801 In Flower

That sounds like my cats. My granddaughter and I have 2. She chose one and I chose one. We also have George; a bearded dragon. I had volunteered to take him home for, "spring break" in 2020....2 years later I still had him. For the 21/22 school year we agreed that I should keep him, I case we were shut down again. Which we were, twice.At the end of that school year she transferred to a different school. So she asked if I wanted to keep him for my class pet. I agreed and last year he was the adolescent class pet (grades 7&8). I never in my wildest dreams would have thought I'd have/hold a reptile. But he's very cool. He'll look at you and tilt his head when you talk to him. He turns a bright mustard yellow when he's happy. Right now he's molting so he's white.

Attached Files:

Logan and eileen like this.
  4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

What an unusual house guest, Willow. I’ll bet you’ve got some stories.

Marlin— that cat of yours sure lays down the law. Have you two come to an understanding?

Logan, Willowisp0801 and eileen like this.
  5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Yes, we have come to an understanding. I'm very obedient and do what I'm told. Husband is the same way.

Logan, Sjoerd, eileen and 1 other person like this.

Advertisement
  6. Willowisp0801

Willowisp0801 In Flower

Yes George is very unique. When we first got him (we'd had him for maybe 2 months) it was a warm sunny day. So I thought, "hey, I bet George would like to sun himself outside". So I got a box and took him out. Nobody told me bearded dragons can jump! He jumped to the side, pulled himself up and was out of that box in seconds. He ran over to my front flower garden, jumped (there's that jump again) up on the front porch and jumped down behind the bush below the living room window! I told my granddaughter to stand by the corner of the house and I'd go between the bush and the house and chase him out so she could catch him. She's standing right where she should be, and George did go down towards her. I see her look up at me shaking her head and tells me no way, George is scary, she's not going to touch him. So I climb out and go around and sure enough George has his scary face on. He's turned dark grey, his " beard" is puffed out and he has his mouth open. And he hasn't come down far enough to just reach down and pick him up. So I tell her to just stay there for a minute. And I go get one of our "dog" towels. (We no longer have a dog but they're still dog towels.) I make her go to the other end of the bush and he comes running out (and he's fast). I just throw the whole towel over him. I scoop him up, towel and all and put him back in his aquarium. Needless to say I no longer have the urge to be nice and let George go out and sun himself. I did buy him a leash and he gets tethered in the classroom. But if anyone was looking out their window it probably gave some comic relief when everyone was stuck at home!

Logan, Sjoerd, Jerry Sullivan and 2 others like this.
  7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Oh, my goodness Jane. :eek:

Logan, Willowisp0801 and eileen like this.