Cauliflower

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by SamIAm, Jul 13, 2017.

1. SamIAm

SamIAm New Seed

I planted two varieties in the spring from seeds that were started indoor about 6 weeks prior. In the past, when our springs are cooler the plants have flowered by the middle or end of June. It is now past that time and the weather is hot and no blooms. The plants are doing well. Will they bloom in fall? or should I just pull them? Any other tips on growing them? My wife and I love cauliflower but I find them hard to get right.

2. Loading...

3. Odif

Odif Young Pine

I think that your plants will bloom in the autumn, but I am not 100 percent sure. You probably should plant some now for autumn harvest as well.

4. mart

mart Strong Ash

I planted in early March and they were ready in May. Planted two six packs thinking I would lose a few but every stinking one lived. Had cauliflower running out my ears and they were huge. Not the small grocery store variety. I blanched it and put it in the freezer,gave a bunch away, and still about three ruined in the field.
    Where are you located ? I am in Texas and planting any later than March or April is usually too late ! Are yours self blanching ? There is nothing in the center of the plant?