Cleaning thread?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by WUVIE, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

I can always tell when visitors are expected, my wife hands me the duster.

Jerry

2. gardenelf

gardenelf In Flower

You guys, I'm still laughing (just wiping tears away now), some of your replies were just too recognisable! :smt081

Cherylad and Toni: your quotes I must really memorise, I'm going to print them out with my Dymo Letter-thingie (what's that thing called again?) and stick them on my wall! :D

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I don't know about the cleaning nuts but I think the cleaning grapes started a topic once. Seem to remember they were wining a lot :D

cherylad and gfreiherr like this.
  4. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Even though We do have cleaning business and try to keep somewhat clean. If busy doing something outside. I get most drop in company. In summer time I spend time outside. And have sign if you write name in dust -Please don't date it.

Advertisement
  5. gfreiherr

gfreiherr Young Pine

I can walk right past the "dirt" in the house to go ouside and play in the dirt. I much prefer cleaning up the garden! :D

6. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

Hmmm.. I guess I am one of those "cleaning nuts" or "grapes"... ;) If I had my way, my house and yard would be operating room clean, literally. Unfortunately, I cannot keep up quite that well any more, and my own house does not pass my white glove test either.

Another saying I was reminded of : "Work fascinates me, I could sit and watch it for hours." I know a bunch of people like that. :rolleyes:

The only kind of company that shows up when the house is spotless clean is the kind that makes a huge mess and never helps to clean up after themselves.

7. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Night Owl. I have relatives that did that. Never see someone run so fast to living room. My Mother taught me better. If someone spends all day cooking something better help clean up.More hands helping doesn't take so long-right

8. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

My mom taught me the same Connie.

9. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Karen Marie--Have you seen the Flylady website yet?

10. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

night-owl. one person her own mother never told her to help. I just said help clean table off and put things away ;) She kinda stared like :rolleyes: :rolleyes: said we will rinse dishes off and put it dishwasher. Gave siran wrap and foil to wrap things to put in frig. So when we was at her Mother's house. She tried running off until she looked at me. Her Mother was shocked.But helps now without being asked. she said I never knew what to do-was 40+ old.

11. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Glad to hear others voice their true nature. :D

We were lucky enough to have a house-sitter while on vacation to look after the animals and yard. After all the cleaning (so we'd be comfortable having some stay over) we needed a vacation ;) It was nice to come home and watch the dust bunnies grow again. Tidy, yes...Clean??? Rarely, or when "company" is coming. :D :D

12. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

One of my customer is a doctor. We become good friends. Well her neighbor was to take care of cats. I go to water her flowers. VERY hot that day. Noticed cats no water-they had tore open cat food sack-lucky to be on floor. And drinking water out of stool.She had paid gal. Cats been like this for 3 days. They was so glad to see me. Called Doc on her cell phone. She thank God You went in house. She was in Denver. So drove up every day to flowers . Next day this gal had taken 5 loads of wash had it all over dinning room.different piles. Next day kitchen a mess. She had cook out there. Told Doc next time I would take care of cats. But doing laundry there. She used all of Doc's soap

13. merrybelle

merrybelle New Seed

LOLing at the housecleaning Words of Wisdom!!! I think all gardeners are alike.........gardening comes first, second and third. The rest is definitely Whenever!

mb

marlingardener likes this.