Cruel people = our new kitten.

Discussion in 'Pets' started by 2ofus, Feb 18, 2018.

1. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

Not that we planned on one! However, driving on a side street in our neighboring little town, we spotted a small kitten dragging himself toward an abandoned house. He was soaked and wet and didn't look like he would last long. Someone had abused him, thrown water on him, and left him to die. I couldn't leave him. Mike picked him up and was bitten and clawed before we could wrap him in a towel. By this time we had figured out he was a feral cat. We got him home but wasn't sure he would make it. He has been to the vet 3 times, malnutrition, near pneumonia, tip of his tail frozen. Now he is fairly healthy, gained a little over a pound, accepts and loves the 2 of us and our dog. Anyone else scares him to death and he will hide for hours, even after they leave. We believe that kids caught him and abused him and left him to die. Apparently, they swung him by his tail as he can't move it and later it will have to be shortened. Anyway... meet our little Tom Tom.

Tom Tom 001 (Medium).JPG

Tom Tom 002 (Medium).JPG

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Sjoerd
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. marlingardener
      Replies:
      Views:

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

SOOOOO glad you rescued Tom Tom from further terror. There are many blessings coming your way for helping him.
    It never ceases to amaze me just how cruel some people are to animals!! Makes you wonder how they treat anyone they come in contact with...and how they were treated by someone too.

We had Spooky for 10 1/2 months before the internal damage from his mistreatment proved too much for his body to overcome.
    Wizard we have had for 3 years and some of his reactions indicate that while he was an outdoor cat he too had been mistreated.

4. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

He's so pretty! Thank you so much for rescuing him! :heart:

I am not a vindictive person, not at all. That said, I firmly believe that those vile people who call themselves human and abuse animals and children, should be punished with exactly the same treatment they dished out. THAT is justice!!

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

How could anyone abuse such a small and fragile kitten? Sometimes it makes me ashamed to be a member of the human race. I'm just so glad there are folks like you around 2ofus. Tom Tom was so lucky that you found him and I know his life has turned around now he is with you and Mike.

Philip Nulty and 2ofus like this.

Advertisement
  6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Thank goodness you found him! I shudder to think what would have happened to him if you hadn't.

7. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

aww.... he is darling. I have no use for abusers. can you imagine what kind of adults they will turn into if they make it that long? I don't understand what compels people to do these things. My Christianity does not shine through when I see or hear of people abusing, killing or torturing children or animals. My thoughts/solutions are very old testament.

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I have seen a plaque in a catalog.....The world doesn't change when a cat is rescued but for that one cat it's world has changed forever.

Philip Nulty, 2ofus and Frank like this.
  9. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Well done 2ofus and Mike,..you both should be very pleased at the outcome,..Tom Tom is a little beauty,..heaven knows what would have happened to him had you both missed seeing him,..i am delighted to see him looking so relaxed and perhaps he may come to trust visitors again in time.

2ofus likes this.
  10. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

He is definitely a true beauty and so luck to have you as his new people ;)

11. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

Tom Tom is doing well. He has gained 1 1/4 pound. Strangers still scare him but he is best friends with Merci, our little dog, and loves to be petted. He has a vet appointment is on the 6th of next month to be neutered and have his tail removed. He loves to play with anything that will roll and we do get a kick out of seeing him play. Thanks for all the good wishes.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  12. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

We took him to the veterinarian yesterday and they did the necessary surgery. It was a difficult surgery as the spine was separated right behind the ones controlling his legs and there was danger that he would lose the use of his legs. Thanks to our fantastic vet, and laser surgery, he is walking fine and we brought him home today. I do have to brag about our vet. The bill was a little over $400 but when we looked a the bill, he had deducted over $150 for his time and some the anesthesia costs! He truly loves animals! I was going to post a picture but decided it was a bit graphic. I'll post one after his hair grows in. He doesn't act like he is in pain and is getting around really well.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  13. eileen

Isn't it wonderful when you have a really good vet who cares for animals more than money? I'm so glad the surgery was a success and that Tom Tom is doing so well. I'm so glad you rescued him 2ofus!! :kiss:

2ofus and Philip Nulty like this.
  14. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Delighted to see the little fellow has come through his surgery and all is well,..what a nice surprise to find your vet reduced the cost by $150,..there are not many as good as him :like:.

2ofus likes this.
  15. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

Thank you for all the well wishes. :smt060 For now he is feeling no pain and we have pain pills to give him for the next few days. He is upset because we won't give him the run of the house like he has had but it shouldn't be for long before he can. You all make me feel good as we've had several people tell us we were nuts to spend the money when a bullet was so cheap! He is so loving to us and plays with our small dog, never shows claws to any of us. Hopefully he will be healed up soon.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  16. eileen

A bullet indeed!! I really can't understand the mentality of folks who can't find compassion in their hearts for animals that are suffering. I'm so glad you're not one of them 2ofus.

2ofus and Philip Nulty like this.